Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sweeties

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25016 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

No - not the lovely posters here but Ch 5 recently showed programmes on the nation`s favourite sweets and chocolates and I was wondering what your favourites are and are there any you miss?

Me? Fav chocolate - Cadbury`s Fruit & Nut; and sweets I miss are Spangles and Fruit Gums

I used to love the TV ads - "Everyone`s a Fruit & Nutcase" and "Dont forget the fruit gums, Mum"

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Not a great lover of sweets @Mi-Amigo but do like Skittles and Tangfastics.

Also have mints as I'm a smoker to freshen my breath.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 2 of 24

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10652 Posts
  • 118 Topics
  • 344 Solutions

Hi  @Mi-Amigo

What a lovely subject!

When I was about 8yrs we used to get big chunks of honeycomb weighed out and put in a bag, this was like the centre of a Crunchie (no choc) but big and fat and gorgeous.

hugging

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 3 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

I do like sweeties

My favourite is KitKat chunky peanut butter ... 2 bars for a £1 

I also like Galaxy chocolate & Wispa gold chocolate bars

Yes, @Mi-Amigo thank you for creating lovely threads smiling

Message 4 of 24

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Sweets. The bane of my life joy

When younger I could eat as many as I liked and not gain an ounce. Now those days are gone...joy

Anyway, I like Mint humbugs, Kitkats, Licorice allsorts, Cadburys fruit and nut bars. 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 24

Mi-Amigo
  • 25016 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Sweets. The bane of my life joy

When younger I could eat as many as I liked and not gain an ounce. Now those days are gone...joy

Anyway, I like Mint humbugs, Kitkats, Licorice allsorts, Cadburys fruit and nut bars. 

Licorce allsorts? Love em (except the bluey pimply ones).

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 6 of 24

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11992 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
You can still get the honeycomb in most seaside places @TallTrees - I rather like the chocolate covered version and usually get a bag.
Toblerone is a favorite, but I also like wine gums and the strawberry shaped/flavored sweets and cola bottles - so long as they are not fizzy!!

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 7 of 24

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10652 Posts
  • 118 Topics
  • 344 Solutions

@gmarkj wrote:
You can still get the honeycomb in most seaside places @TallTrees - I rather like the chocolate covered version and usually get a bag.
Toblerone is a favorite, but I also like wine gums and the strawberry shaped/flavored sweets and cola bottles - so long as they are not fizzy!!

The chocolate covered honeycomb are good too!  Toblerone ~ yes please!  Wine gums have large jar full bought from "The Grape Tree"  in town.

It's the honeycomb bit I like the best though.  TallTreesyahoo

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 8 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

Us up North remember the honeycomb crunch as cinder toffee ... used to get it loose off Leeds indoor market ... smiling

Message 9 of 24

Mi-Amigo
  • 25016 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

When I was a kid and came to my Gran`s in Birmingham, she`d take me to a local shop where they sold sugar almonds - almonds coated in a shell that was so hard you had to keep sucking it to get to the almond yum I bet they`d be declared a health hazard today!

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 10 of 24