cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Swap phones

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all, after much debate and advice I paid to upgrade from note 3 to iPhone 6 plus. I was a bit sceptical as I've always had android phones. Anyway after a week use I still couldn't get used to IOS so decided to pay a visit to the o2 shop I bought it from only to be told that, the 14 day return option was invalid as I had paid for an early upgrade (shop were very keen to take my money whilst doing upgrade,and I was advised I could change it by the sales person) after a heated discussion in store I was told that Yes they remembered saying I could exchange but unfortunately they were wrong.hhhmmm nice bit of sales banter. Anyway what's done is done. After another month I still cannot get used to IOS so am looking to trade or swap my iPhone 6 plus 16g. Any ideas on where is the best place to do so.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144145 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
As the iPhone is still in demand you should be able to offload it anywhere. Try CEX, eBay or any recycling site.
I also need to check the T&C's regarding your 14 day exchange as I think you may have been told wrong....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you go to CEX You'll need to become a member. It's free and you need some photo Id. They then book it in for approx one hour to test it.

Be sure to clear the iPhone via settings , general , reset , erase all contents and settings before selling it.

Be wary of auction sites scams.

I would see if any friends or family want to buy it as selling it online etc will not bring its true worth.
Message 3 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122800 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

One question here ...Is the 14 day return policy invalid IF you upgrade early?

Thats  a new one on me. I thought it existed for all new phones purchased......

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 9

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
I think 14 days from connection to a refresh tariff.
Whether it's an early upgrade or not is irrelevant,
New contract
New device
New terms.
From the date of new connection you have 14 days to return and cancel the agreement as I thought was confirmed on here by an O2 staff member.
Early upgrading just means the old contractual obligation is satisfied early?
Message 5 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122800 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Exactly what I understood. So the OP has been badly misinformed...:smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah no, they're wrong or don't know what they're doing. If you are on refresh you 100% get a 14 day exchange period, even if it's an early upgrade (you just can't get your upgrade fee back if you cancel). Go back to the store or speak to customer service.

Message 7 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122800 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Yeah no, they're wrong or don't know what they're doing. If you are on refresh you 100% get a 14 day exchange period, even if it's an early upgrade (you just can't get your upgrade fee back if you cancel). Go back to the store or speak to customer service.

Thanks so much for clarifying @Anonymous wink

A virtual kudo for the info.....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 9

MI5
  • 144145 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Apologies, late back to the thread after this morning but this is exactly what my belief was too.

I would raise a formal complaint if the store will not honour their own T&C's retrospectively.

Complaint link if required but try the store again first http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 9