Did you mean: 

Spain targeted again

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

It just keeps happening. 

Barcelona attack: van driven into crowd in Las Ramblas district - latest updates

https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2017/aug/17/barcelona-attack-van-driven-into-crowd-in-las-ram...

It's being treated as a terrorist attack 

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@mavericke wrote:

@Cleoriff

I thank God as I was there three weeks ago.

This is a terrible nightmare! 13 innocent people died for nothing! 

It's on the news as I type this. ISIS have claimed responsibility Two men have been arrested

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 23

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

@MercedesS Please let us know that everyone is ok?

Im truly saddened that this is happening and my heart goes out to all those people.

I was in Barcelona last year with my Mum at this time and stood where it's happened. I can't imagine what would have happened.

Barcelona is an amazing place as is London, Brussels and all the other places where this is happening at.

No matter what, we need to stand together and hope for a brighter and safer future not just for us, but for the younger generation.

Its so upsetting that this is happening and any one would want to hurt innocent people / Families.

I want to share my candle that I recently lit in a cathedral in Luxembourg. No matter what religion or who you are.  My heart goes out to you

IMG_0004.JPG

Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 12 of 23

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

There has been a further attack in Spain.

😰

Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 13 of 23

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Beautiful words @darrengf and I totally agree with your sentiments.

Whoever we pray to, whatever the colour of our skin or our sexual persuasion we are first and foremost all part of the human race. It's a pity ISIS can't or won't accept this.
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 14 of 23

jonsie
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

True sentiments very well written @darrengf and I'm sure everyone here totally agrees. 

My son was in Barcelona 10 days ago and was also in the same place. He and friends were on a Stag weekend. The wedding is this Saturday and I'm sure they will all be thinking what might have been. 

I'm so relieved though obviously I feel for all those people and their families. It just makes me wonder if God exists how could he let this happen? My faith has been badly shaken by all these terrorist atrocities. 

Message 15 of 23

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

SECOND ATTACK in Spain rage

Spanish police say they have killed five suspected terrorists in the town of Cambrils to stop a vehicle attack, after an earlier one in Barcelona.

The men, wearing explosive belts, were linked to the first attack, police say.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-40971004

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 23

jonsie
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Dispicable animals. The now preferred method it would seem, hire a vehicle and fake explosive vests to try and terrorise the crap out if everyone, then pick a crowded tourist area in a large city. No worries about getting weapons or guns across the borders either. B*stards! 

Message 17 of 23

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
The worry is where will they hit next. Will it be a new country or will they return to one previously attacked. All Europe should be on high alert for these fanatics.
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 18 of 23

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions
At this time of the year, any popular tourist destination is at risk, but mainly those European ones as all nationalities can be targeted. Also any incident will receive maximum media exposure.
"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 19 of 23

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

The Las Ramblas memorial as it was, a carpet of flowers and gifts, Barcelona, August 2017

Las Ramblas tributes before it was dismantled today

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 20 of 23