Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Song Lyrics Challenge

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25612 Posts
  • 859 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Between October 1962 and May 1970, The Beatles released 24 singles, 13 EPs, 13 Albums, with a total of 293 tracks.

THE SONG LYRICS CHALLENGE

To find the names of the people mentioned in the lyrics of the officially released records.

Hints/clues:

- not every song mentions a name in the lyrics.

- you have to find actual names - some first names, some surnames, some both - in the song lyrics

- lyrics may include a title or rank [e.g. if Miss Bloggs was in the lyrics, it would be included

- lyrics with only "a" or "the" not included [e.g. if "the Carpenter" was in lyrics, it would be excluded]

- some names are included in more than one song [not record]; you have to find all [in separate post]

- some songs include more than one name in lyrics; you have to find all the names [in separate post]

Rules:

- no googling/wiki/social media/playing song on iphone, smart phone, CD, record player

- all entries must be submitted as follows:

[name of person] in lyrics on [name of song] - [e.g. Mrs Bloggs on song Bloggs & Son]

- only one entry (guess) - [name of person] per post; only one post per person per day

- some names appear in lyrics of more than one song [not record], each to be given on separate post

- some lyrics  contain more than one name, each name with title of song [not record] on separate post

- the words of the track Revolution #9 [on "The Beatles" ("White") album] are excluded

- only lyrics of songs on studio recordings officially released between Oct 1962 and May 1970 included

no "live" records, "BBC sessions", or bootleg/unreleased versions

There are 71 answers to find. All answers have been checked against lyrics on official song sheets.

Results - with correct [or incorrect] answers - will be posted each day after posts

Any questions or clarification, please post or pm me.

Good luck.

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 1 of 374
373 REPLIES 373

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38488 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1732 Solutions
Message 151 of 374

Mi-Amigo
  • 25612 Posts
  • 859 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Apologies @Bambino 

As pointed out Dave in When I`m 64 was found by @pgn on 14 March. I missed it frowning2.

I will not give an excuse and admit I made an error while compling the list of found names last night by not going back and checking all of the original posts.

As this is my error - and not because it`s my rules - it is only fair that @Bambino is allowed to give another answer today.

If, for any reason, @Bambino cannot resubmit an answer before mdnight today [Monday], then I suggest that he should be allowed, as an exception, to post two separate posts tomorrow. However, as I want to be reasonable, then whether or not this suggestion is acceptable I will leave to the majority of other regulars.  

During the course of the evening, I will go through the original submissions, and use old fashioned pen and paper to make a list of the found - names and in which song - to which I will add the findings for today before posting the full list of found names.

I also spotted another mistake I made. In announcing the results last night, I said submissions could be made after midnight for Mon 17 March - of course this should have read 18 March.

I only hope these errors have not put any of you off continuing with the Challenge.

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 152 of 374

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38488 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1732 Solutions

Superb judgement, @Mi-Amigo 

PS. Thanks for making these challenges so, interactive, I guess - it's much appreciated!thumbsup

Here's a happy gif, from a film I quite enjoy:

Totoro.gif

Message 153 of 374

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 126044 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

Good call @Mi-Amigo 

Please be assured that this glitch does not matter at all. As PGN said this is a great interactive challenge and I can't think of a quiz I have enjoyed more.

Carry on and don't let this worry you. It happens to all of us at some point. wink

As @Bambino  lives 'across the pond', he may not be online now with the time difference...though I'm sure he will have plenty of time to resubmit another answer thumbsup

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 154 of 374

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 24004 Posts
  • 1046 Topics
  • 3773 Solutions

Thank you @Mi-Amigo 

Only 4 hours behind at the moment @Cleoriff. We've already changed our clocks.

My name for today is:

Nancy in the song Rocky Raccoon

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 155 of 374

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Mi-Amigo don't worry, mistakes happen, we're all human.  As @Cleoriff said it's a great game which we're all enjoying. That's what's important and @Bambino has resubmitted a new name, so all good 👍

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 156 of 374

Mi-Amigo
  • 25612 Posts
  • 859 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @Bambino for your new answer; and thanks guys for your reassuring and nice comments.

After the Picture Challenge, I so wanted to do this but had no idea how much everone has taken to it.

Every day I, genuinely, look forward to seeing what names you are putting forward and equally I am pleasantly surprised when you find what I thought would be more difficult ones [and "no" I am not saying which, but will reveal that when the Challenge is completed].

I know that this one is not yet completed and could go on for quite a few more days as the Challenge becomes more difficult to find the elusive names, but I have an idea for the third Challenge in the series. The new one will be slightly different and again with easier and more difficult answers, but want to hear whether you are keen on another. Please post your comments. I welcome the feedback and will not be in the least offended if you are not keen on another Challenge.

Again thank you for all your support and for enjoying what to me in setting it has been a labour of love for The Beatles and their music. 

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 157 of 374

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Well @Mi-Amigo I'm keen on another challenge. Anything that gives my brain a workout I enjoy. So keep 'em coming.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 158 of 374

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149517 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28499 Solutions
Yes from me too please.
Makes a change from learning the alphabet wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 159 of 374

Mi-Amigo
  • 25612 Posts
  • 859 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Glory1 wrote:

Well @Mi-Amigo I'm keen on another challenge. Anything that gives my brain a workout I enjoy. So keep 'em coming.

Thanks for the interest @Glory1 

I am only asking now because although I have the basics for the next one, I need to check my library and records first. If it works as I hope, there will be plenty of bulb moments slight_smile and should be fun.  

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 160 of 374