Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's
Topics: 100
Ideas: 2

Re: RIP Rutger Hauer

@WispaRed7 wrote:

@pgn wrote:
Dutch, @WispaRed7, he was born in The Netherlands.

Thank you @pgn for the info 

You're welcome! @Glory1 has also chipped-in, the old Lazarus effect might come in handy on here after all, @Cleoriff @!LOL

We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty. Douglas Adams.
Topics: 83
Blog Posts: 2

Yes, well as a fan of Rutger Hauer even before his most notable screen appearance, I knew he was Dutch. And I just beat you to correcting @WispaRed7, @pgn joy

Now for Scandi actors think Stellan Skårsgard and his acting sons, Alexander, Gustaf, Bill and Valter. They are Swedish, good actors and rather nice to look at; at least from my point of view.

Gustaf is in Vikings. Bill was the clown in the remake of It. Alexander was in True Blood and was in the remake of Tarzan. 

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

I stand corrected @pgn you actually posted first about Rutger Hauer's nationality; apologies.

Topics: 100
Ideas: 2

Random slowdowns on here, blame them tonight.
We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty. Douglas Adams.

Definitely slow, I've had the processing bar twice so far. The heat is affecting everything, including me sweat smile

Level 41: Prodigal

Sad to hear of his passing, and at what now is quite a young age.
Must admit to having never watched the original Blade Runner - will have to put it on the list...
Now using the LG V30.

Previously: LG G4, Sony Z1, HTC Sensation XE, Samsung Omnia i900
Try the Tech Galaxy Note 4
Try the Tech Lumia 640LTE and Microsoft Band
Topics: 20

@Glory1 wrote:

No @WispaRed7 he was a Dutchman born just outside Amsterdam.

Correct... Breukelen (Gave it's name to Brooklyn in New York)

Rutger was my all time favourite actor. I was really shocked when I saw his pic on FB on the German news site. 

Not only Blade Runner was awesome... my fav film was Ladyhawke with Michelle Pfeiffer and him in the leading roles. 

Aswell as I loved Floris.

RIP Rutger :'(

iPhone XR * 64 GB * (Product) Red * unlocked
iPad Air wifi & LTE * 16 GB * White * unlocked + iPad Air 2 wifi only
Apple Watch Series 5 Nike+ (& Series 2)
MacBook Pro 15" 2018 + Magic Mouse 2

Mobile history:
Alcatel One Touch Easy * Nokia 3310 * Siemens A60 * Siemens SL65 * Nokia 6230i * Nokia 6300i * Apple iPhone 3GS (used) * iPhone 3GS (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 4S (used) * iPhone 4S (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 6 * iPhone 7 * iPhone XR

[ Edited ]

Well done @ComaChameleon for knowing where the name Brooklyn comes from. During the days when New York was New Amsterdam and the Dutch were in charge. And, there is, of course, an Amsterdam Avenue in Harlem, in New York; Harlem being another Dutch name, though I think it's spelled Haarlem in the Netherlands.

I forgot Ladyhawke @ComaChameleon another film I loved him in.  He often played the villain but one you often loved to hate; or maybe that was just me joy

Level 8: Talented

RIP Rutger

Current tech used:
Nokia 5 on giffgaff, Core i7 9700F PC with Win 10 Pro. Apple Mac Mini late 2014 with Core i5 running 10.15
Home Internet Connection: Zen Internet Fibre To The Premises Full Fibre 1 38 Mbps Down/9 Mbps up,
I don't work for O2 but have an interest in networks (including mobile) and IT (which is how I earn my living)
Topics: 20

@Glory1 wrote:

Well done @ComaChameleon for knowing where the name Brooklyn comes from. During the days when New York was New Amsterdam and the Dutch were in charge. And, there is, of course, an Amsterdam Avenue in Harlem, in New York; Harlem being another Dutch name, though I think it's spelled Haarlem in the Netherlands.

I forgot Ladyhawke @ComaChameleon another film I loved him in.  He often played the villain but one you often loved to hate; or maybe that was just me joy

@Glory1  

Yes, it's Haarlem ^^ 

Ladyhawke is sooooooo <3 

iPhone XR * 64 GB * (Product) Red * unlocked
iPad Air wifi & LTE * 16 GB * White * unlocked + iPad Air 2 wifi only
Apple Watch Series 5 Nike+ (& Series 2)
MacBook Pro 15" 2018 + Magic Mouse 2

Mobile history:
Alcatel One Touch Easy * Nokia 3310 * Siemens A60 * Siemens SL65 * Nokia 6230i * Nokia 6300i * Apple iPhone 3GS (used) * iPhone 3GS (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 4S (used) * iPhone 4S (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 6 * iPhone 7 * iPhone XR