Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R.I.P Glory

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122895 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

As you can see from the thread title, I have some tragic upsetting news to pass on to the members of this forum.

Our friend @Glory1  passed away in hospital on Saturday.

To avoid speculation and questions I will tell you what I know.

Glory had been missing from the forum for 5 days at the beginning of August. I phoned, text and messaged her and had no response. I made the decision to call the police in London. They responded and found her collapsed in her flat. She was rushed to hospital and apart from a few minor injuries and dehydration, she appeared to be stable until they did a few more tests. They treated her accordingly and I was able to talk to her in hospital and all was well. Unfortunately, last week they found something more serious and she was taken to Theatre for major surgery. Again, she appeared to be recovering until last Thursday when her condition deteriorated.

As I was the only person they had a phone number for, they called to let me know.

Tragically her condition worsened and despite their best efforts, Glory passed away on Saturday afternoon. I'm assured by the sister in ITU that she didn't suffer.

On a personal note I'm shocked beyond belief. During her 3 years here we had become very close friends.

I will miss her so much.

R.I.P Glory heart

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

jonsie
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

Such a well educated, articulate lady who kept me company during the sometimes very long early mornings. I will miss her dearly heart

Message 11 of 24

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions
On behalf of the community team and everyone at O2 who works on the community we wanted to say how sorry we are to hear this news.

Glory1 has been a massive part of the community since she joined, she formed many strong friendships over the years, kept us all on our toes and made us laugh. She was a valuable member of the community from day one and she’ll be missed greatly by all of us here. 

Our thoughts are with you all on this sad day and if anyone needs a chat don’t hesitate to get in contact with one of us.

Martin, Marjo, Emilie, Chris and the rest of the team. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 12 of 24

jonsie
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

Thank you @Martin-O2 and on behalf of Gloria's friends, it's good to hear from admin on this sad loss. 

Message 13 of 24

ComaChameleon
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 2206 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Just as I told Denise - this news makes me speechless. 

Gloria was a beautiful minded, intelligent, always friendly, awesome person. I'm sure she will leave a big gap behind on here.

As I told her, she's my role model. When I get her age, I wanna be half as cool as her. 

iPhone 14 Pro Max * 128 GB * Deep Purple * unlocked
iPad Pro 11" wifi * 128 GB * silver + Apple Pencil 2
Apple Watch Series 5 Nike+ (& Series 2)
MacBook Pro 15" 2018 + Magic Mouse 2
Apple TV 4K + HD
Home Pod white + mini

Mobile history:
Alcatel One Touch Easy * Nokia 3310 * Siemens A60 * Siemens SL65 * Nokia 6230i * Nokia 6300i * Apple iPhone 3GS (used) * iPhone 3GS (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 4S (used) * iPhone 4S (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 6 * iPhone 7 * iPhone XR * iPhone 12 Pro Max * iPhone 14 Pro Max
Message 14 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

Very sad to hear this news

She was a very bubbly woman & will be missed on the community

R.I.P. Gloria 

Also, many thanks to you @Cleoriff for keeping in touch with Gloria & letting us know on the communiity

Message 15 of 24

Cleoriff
  • 122895 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

I just did what any good friend would do, and am in real shock about the outcome.

When I switch into 'nurse mode' I know it's important for people to be able to express their feelings, it does help with grieving. This is why I have been posting randomly on the forum today.

However, this isn't about me, it's about Glory.

It just proves that although I never met Glory in person, it's possible to become great friends.

We were the same age (sorry Glory, we weren't...I am a year older than you heart). We shared the same sense of wicked humour and loved a good gossip about anything and everything.

We shared a love of good books and certain TV programmes, although we didn't always agree on what was good viewing. We just clicked when she joined the forum and supported each other through good and bad times

So from me to you Glory, thanks for your friendship, laughter and memories. I will never forget you.

R.I.P lovely lass heartheart

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 24

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35913 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1587 Solutions

So sad to hear this news!

I am sure Gloria's up there, making sure the roses are all red - she'll be missed.

Thanks for so much effort, @Cleoriff!

Message 17 of 24

SamsungFanBoy
Level 13: Prompter
  • 259 Posts
  • 70 Topics
  • 5 Solutions
Sad news. RIP 😞
Message 18 of 24

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12067 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
Just catching up on everything as I was away at the weekend and have to say I am floored by this.
Like many on here, we didn't know each other particularly well but she became very quickly part of the furniture.
She will most definitely be missed.
RIP Glory.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 19 of 24

blissgirl
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 7264 Posts
  • 46 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
As mentioned by others was very shocked to learn this very sad news will miss her alot on here
iPhone 15 plus 128Gb light pink (with Vodafone) slight_smile
Message 20 of 24