Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paris Terror Attacks

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

No words necessary...saw this somewhere else and thought it was relevant today.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 77
76 REPLIES 76

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

paris eye.jpg

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 77

Cairdeas
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 3570 Posts
  • 34 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

paris eye.jpg

That picture really epitomises the sadness @Cleoriff x

giphy-3
Message 12 of 77

ComaChameleon
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 2206 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@Cairdeas wrote:

Agreed @Cleoriff. As you know, I don't leave the UK ..but I would be frightened now to go on holiday, though as you say , it could happen anywhere. Out shopping today , people in the mall were all talking about the tragedy and how they were always looking over the shoulder. In that respect they have achieved a goal in frightening us and mocking our freedom. It's just deeply sad. My heart goes out to all the families involved. Bless them all slight_frown #ViveLaFrance x

But that's exactly what this stupid creatures want us to do - be scared to do anything..

One guy commented on a forum, that yesterday thousands of other people went to a restaurant or a concert... And arrived home safely.

And that's what we should do, enjoy or freedom, life, freedom of opinion [..] and fight anything what wants us to give up this things.

#NousSommesUnité

iPhone 14 Pro Max * 128 GB * Deep Purple * unlocked
iPad Pro 11" wifi * 128 GB * silver + Apple Pencil 2
Apple Watch Series 5 Nike+ (& Series 2)
MacBook Pro 15" 2018 + Magic Mouse 2
Apple TV 4K + HD
Home Pod white + mini

Mobile history:
Alcatel One Touch Easy * Nokia 3310 * Siemens A60 * Siemens SL65 * Nokia 6230i * Nokia 6300i * Apple iPhone 3GS (used) * iPhone 3GS (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 4S (used) * iPhone 4S (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 6 * iPhone 7 * iPhone XR * iPhone 12 Pro Max * iPhone 14 Pro Max
Message 13 of 77

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

I am not saying they would stop me doing things @ComaChameleon I am just stating I would be a lot more wary and worried about it. I certainly don't intend to hide away in a corner...I fly to Spain every 6 weeks or so and wont stop doing that....... my level of fear has been heightened however. There is no shame in admitting it..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 77

Cairdeas
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 3570 Posts
  • 34 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

It IS exactly what they want. .but we can't be anything but afraid now.  I agree that we must show strength and normality against these monsters,  but we are , and should be,  aware, and vigilant that they could strike at any time,  anywhere , and that is frightening.  We really need to all come together and do something now.  

giphy-3
Message 15 of 77

ComaChameleon
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 2206 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

But shouldn't we've been alarmed after Charlie Hebdo earlier this year?

My grandfather (born 1931) always said to us (brother and me) that he wishes us we would never see a war, but I fear we will see one in the future. 😞

iPhone 14 Pro Max * 128 GB * Deep Purple * unlocked
iPad Pro 11" wifi * 128 GB * silver + Apple Pencil 2
Apple Watch Series 5 Nike+ (& Series 2)
MacBook Pro 15" 2018 + Magic Mouse 2
Apple TV 4K + HD
Home Pod white + mini

Mobile history:
Alcatel One Touch Easy * Nokia 3310 * Siemens A60 * Siemens SL65 * Nokia 6230i * Nokia 6300i * Apple iPhone 3GS (used) * iPhone 3GS (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 4S (used) * iPhone 4S (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 6 * iPhone 7 * iPhone XR * iPhone 12 Pro Max * iPhone 14 Pro Max
Message 16 of 77

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Personally I have always felt safe here in Thailand. ..but that was before the recent bomb in Bangkok and before the Russian flight was blown out of the sky. 

Where next indeed. ...? The UK will undoubtedly be a prime target, that or one of any number of flights carrying British citizens.

These animals slaughter indiscriminately, even killing their own. This has got to stop but how and when ...?

Message 17 of 77

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

It wont stop ...it will get worse...It already has..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 18 of 77

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

As they say, every action provokes a reaction and it certainly won't end in my lifetime. ...I fear for our children's children. What a world to be born into! 

Message 19 of 77

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Good to see that all the networks in Thailand have given free phone calls to Paris this weekend. 

Another news item here. ...

Paris attacks: More gigs cancelled as bands pay respects - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-34825865

Motorhead, Coldplay and Foo Fighters have joined U2 in calling off dates in Paris...

Message 20 of 77