cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 masts

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have often seen them, but don't know much about them. I have just used ofcoms search, to find out if there is one near me. There is an O2 mast, less than a mile away from me, that has 4 trasmitters. 2 x 900 1 x 1800 and 1 x 2100. I'm going to assume this is good... I believe 900 is good for 3g indoors? Anyone give me some insight into this? 

ta!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

yes see my thread here http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Do-you-have-poor-coverage-signal-Indoors-This-ma... explains why the lower the frequency the better and a full breakdown of the frequencies and acronyms etc here http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/What-is-2G-3G-and-4G/m-p/286204#U286204

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

I remember back in the days making the BT Cellnet & Vodafone masts there where about 256 individual solder joints on each one with wires everywhere, the Voda one's where more fiddly to assemble.

Then the new UMTS mast came out with just 4 solder joints, everything was just clip / snap / screw together then solder the 2 sets of connector leads on.

Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for this, gonna have a read now!
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
I loved soldering at school, not sure I would like to do 256...
Message 5 of 7

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
I too enjoyed soldering at school:) was a shame when H&S kicked in and we all had those ruddy vacuumes attached to the irons. Sucked off the solder before it had a chance to cool. What use is that haha.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

The on iron vacuum extraction is pretty useless, the tube always gets blocked up after a few hours.

I found the Plymovent extractor system mounted directly on the workbench much better.

Message 7 of 7