cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

News : Post Office To Enter Mobile Phone Market.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Headline : Post Office To Enter Mobile Phone Market.

"Post Office To Enter Mobile Phone Market
The Post Office expands its telecoms interests by dialing in to the mobile phone market with a promise to simplify tariffs.”

Source :Sky News.
Read more here http://news.sky.com/story/1297335/post-office-to-enter-mobile-phone-market
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions
I tell them i run linux.
Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 11 of 14

iar1980
  • 127 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

EE has a large amount of Bandwith frequency to accomodate for new MVNO's. Vodafone have been letting a lot of the MVNO's go as they wish to concentrate more on their Business Arm. 

In the long run both Vodafone and o2 will have the best indoor/outdoor coverage as their 2g/3g services will run on 900mhz and 4g on 800mhz.

EE & Three run 2g/3g services on their 1800mhz & 2100mhz frequency as they don't have any 900mhz bandwith.

The lower the frequency the better the indoor penetration and longer distance coverage.

Current Phones: iPhone XS Max
Previous Phones: Samsung Galaxy Note 9, Pixel 2 XL, iPhone 7, HTC 10, HTC One (M8), HTC One (M7), iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 5s, HTC One A9, HTC Desire HD, Lumia 640 XL, Nokia 5800 XpressMusic
Message 12 of 14

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

Whilst 4G coverage is non-existant where I am (Fife, Scotland); the 3G signal is subjective to my location I've been finding when I'm indoors especially my signal is weak compared what it was like last year. 

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 13 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @ anticpated

This won't be a signal issue. You either have 3g or you don't. The bars on your phone is broadly meaningless.

If your indoor signal is weak this will be a combination of signal interference from the building you are in such as wifi signals combined with weak transmission capacity.
Message 14 of 14