cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Love Movies? Want to win an exclusive 007 Sony Xperia T?

Anonymous
Not applicable

We all love to watch movies, don’t we? Some are boring, some are entertaining and some leave a thumbprint forever which becomes our favourite.

We’ve got a special review opportunity on the community that can win you an exclusive 007 Sony Xperia T, excited? All you have to do is, review any film of your choice in a short paragraph and we’ll pick the best one by this weekend.

Here are the rules:

• There is no limit on how many reviews you can post

• And please, NO spoilers!

• Closing date for entries is Sunday 23th December at 11:59pm

• Our usual competition terms apply, which you can find here

• Short paragraphs only, lets keep it short and sweet

Thank you!

NOTE: This competition is not associated with the twitter competition that was closed yesterday, 16th Dec.

Message 1 of 40
39 REPLIES 39

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ah right, don't use twitter so wouldn't know

Message 21 of 40

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Ah right, don't use twitter so wouldn't know

You wouldn't like it, the language there is far worse than we see here. slight_smile

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 22 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the heads upSmiley Very Happy

Message 23 of 40

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93262 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

Well my son insisted on taking me to a English cinema in Berlin last night as a prelude to a night of debauchery in his local hotspots!

Having been an avid reader of the Lord of the Rings books and having enjoyed the films I was a little apprehensive having never watched a 3D film. It took around 15 minutes for me to adjust to the experience but it was far better than my expectations.

The Hobbit in 3D

Behold - here is my review. I've never done one before, so this is my opinion of the film without going into all the technacalities.

Enchanting, beautiful, humorous, and well worth the wait! Watching 'The Hobbit' is like returning home after a long absence - all your old friends are there. Sure, they're a little different, but it's still great to see them. From the very first scene, I was back in Middle-Earth. The story has been given a huge facelift, but the soul is the same. Despite a few shaky moments (Azog, I'm looking at you), the CGI is flawless; Gollum is as realistic as any of the cast, and Dale is stunning. The HFR is so clear, you can taste the pipeweed! The cast are as wonderful as ever, and Martin Freeman is perfect as Mr Baggins. Almost 3 hours long, and I was still wanting more. The next year will drag!

If you get the chance make it one of your New Year resolutions to see the film , you won't regret it.

Message 24 of 40

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Well my son insisted on taking me to a English cinema in Berlin last night as a prelude to a night of debauchery in his local hotspots!

We're just waiting now for a review of the night's debauchery!! Smiley LOLSmiley LOL

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 25 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hopefully may see the hobbit next week

Message 26 of 40

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Definitely recommend seeing it in 3D HFR if you can. You'll spend most of the time in the first part of the film admiring the detail (only because the lead up to that point it rather dull). The second half of the film is where you will appreciate that 3D HFR is the way of future.

Message 27 of 40

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Bump:D
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 28 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable

Who gets the phoneSmiley Very Happy

Message 29 of 40

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93262 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions