Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Laundroid' - laundry robot can fold shirts

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Apparently Panasonic is investing (£49 million) in a laundry robot that can fold and stack clothes. It originates from a Japanese start-up.

The device is currently the size of a wardrobe and uses artificial intelligence and image recognition technology to fold and stack clothes. Folding one shirt takes 10 min. The ultimate idea is though to have a machine out in 2019 that can also wash and dry the clothes - something that could potentially revolutionalise home life.

More on BBC here.

Would you be interested? grin They claim it can save 1 year of your time (since on average people spend 375 days of their lives folding laundry.)

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Marjo wrote:

Would you be interested? grin They claim it can save 1 year of your time (since on average people spend 375 days of their lives folding laundry.)

I certainly would not be interested (unless I was given it for free!)

But I can see it being the thing to have in 50-100 years time, like say a tumble drier. I wonder if robot lawnmowers or vaccuums will ever take off. I think they are hilarious randomly going around the room until they hit a wall and then just changing direction. £1,000 please PMSL xD 

Message 2 of 22

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@Marjo wrote:

But I can see it being the thing to have in 50-100 years time, like say a tumble drier. I wonder if robot lawnmowers or vaccuums will ever take off. I think they are hilarious randomly going around the room until they hit a wall and then just changing direction. £1,000 please PMSL xD 

Well those are good for cat entertainment at least! grin

Message 3 of 22

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Robot mowers are huge at the mo - selling like hot cakes!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 22

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Not related to robotics but in my home country the Post Office started offering a lawn-mowing service as part of when you get your mail delivered.

Message 5 of 22

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
How strange slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 22

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Problem is my husband will NOT wear a shirt which has been folded. He cant bear creases. Every shirt has to be hung up in the wardrobe. Even tee shirts. ...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 22

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

You must have a very large (long?) wardrobe then, @Cleoriff! I'm trying to imagine all my tops on hangers. Impossible. grin

Message 8 of 22

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Marjo wrote:

You must have a very large (long?) wardrobe then, @Cleoriff! I'm trying to imagine all my tops on hangers. Impossible. grin

I am fine about folded stuff. It's just himself and shirts that create an issue. Happy Dance

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Marjo wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Marjo wrote:

Well those are good for cat entertainment at least! grin

lol, there is that. I guess it would be worth it for the cat videos. xD 

Message 10 of 22