Funniest-Thread-2
Message 1 of 730
729 REPLIES 729

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25143 Posts
  • 810 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Coronavirus Jokes and Memes in South Africa and Worldwide ...

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 51 of 730

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25143 Posts
  • 810 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

clap.png

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 52 of 730

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35906 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1585 Solutions
Message 53 of 730

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122893 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

And now our PM has it. Tested and positive

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Off-Topic/Boris-Johnson-has-Coronavirus/m-p/1308804 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 54 of 730

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12065 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
Which is both amusing and annoying.
A neighbour has been sent into quarantine as a co-worker has all the symptoms (cough, temperature, etc).
However the co-worker is unable to get a test done to see if it if Corona or another illness!! Which means that the bank my neighbour works for is closed until all of them are out of quarantine and the bank has been cleaned. Ridiculous.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 55 of 730

pgn
  • 35906 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1585 Solutions

@gmarkj wrote:
A neighbour has been sent into quarantine as a co-worker has all the symptoms (cough, temperature, etc).
However the co-worker is unable to get a test done to see if it if Corona or another illness!! Which means that the bank my neighbour works for is closed until all of them are out of quarantine and the bank has been cleaned. Ridiculous.

This is exactly what I fail to grasp - why would it not benefit everyone to know who has symptoms that appear to be COVID-19 but which, on test, are not, and why not find out who has already had it and carries antibodies for it (antibody check, like the old TB scratch check does for that disease)?

The approach to this pest in the UK is mind-boggling. This chart opened my eyes, too, related to hospital beds - so, so serious is this situation! 

Screenshot_20200327-115831.jpg

I have highlighted 2 countries, one with high positive test figures and low death rates, and another with high figures and high deaths... 

Message 56 of 730

Cleoriff
  • 122893 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@pgn wrote:

@gmarkj wrote:

This is exactly what I fail to grasp - why would it not benefit everyone to know who has symptoms that appear to be COVID-19 but which, on test, are not, and why not find out who has already had it and carries antibodies for it (antibody check, like the old TB scratch check does for that disease)?

The approach to this pest in the UK is mind-boggling. This chart opened my eyes, too, related to hospital beds - so, so serious is this situation! 

Screenshot_20200327-115831.jpg

I have highlighted 2 countries, one with high positive test figures and low death rates, and another with high figures and high deaths... 

Not looking good is it. We are utilising two other centres to provide more beds but knowing the worst is yet to come it IS very serious

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 57 of 730

pgn
  • 35906 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1585 Solutions

I asked mód to move my orig msg here to your Coronavirus thread, @Cleoriff - it is OT on the Laugh thread, I think.

Sometimes you need to switch on the silliness, switch off the seriousness (your thread is the serious one). 

Message 58 of 730

jonsie
  • 93215 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6969 Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 122893 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Back to the funny then...

Image may contain: one or more people, possible text that says 'Pat says keep ya flaps and knockers clean U'

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 60 of 730