LOVE WEEK - WHITE ROOM QUIZ

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25118 Posts
  • 808 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Welcome everyone to a special heart LOVE WEEK heart edition of

question-room-thurs-quiz2.png

Instead of the usual eight questions, this week there are 12 LOVE-RELATED questions

THE QUESTIONS:

Q1 [history]: Who did Horatio Nelson marry?

Q2 [people]: What was the first and surname of gangster Bonnie Parker`s lover and partner-in-crime?

Q3 [places]: Where, in Europe, is the Lake of Love and Lover`s Bridge [need town and country] ?  

Q4 [space]: Who was the planet Venus named after?

Q5 [nature]: Which country are grey-headed lovebirds native to?

Q6 [literature]: Which character speaks the line "If music be the food of love" in Shakespeare`s "Twelfth Night"?

Q7 [sport]: Which Scottish football team`s home ground was Love Street from 1894 to 2009 ?

Q8 [television]: Who played the character Beryl Battersby in the 1970s TV sit-com "The Lovers" ? 

Q9: [art]: Where is the LOVE sculpture, created by Robert Indiana in 1970, now on display in the USA?

love-sculpture.jpg

Q10: [music]: Which 1960s film [movie] features "Love In The Open Air", composed by Paul McCartney?

Q11: [event]: What, traditionally, is given as a gift on the first wedding anniversary in the UK?

Q12: [food and drink]: What is a "love apple"?

The White Room Thursday Quiz will be open to all members of the Community.

Those who want to take part will need to pm [private message] me [Mi-Amigo] with their answers between 00.01 [one minute after midnight] and 23.59 [11.59pm] on Thursday 13 February 2020.

Please do not post your answers on the thread.

The answers - and the results for each player taking part - will be posted on Friday morning.

THE AWARDS:

Each correct answer will be awarded a star . In addition, the following trophies will be awarded for

12 correct      10 correct     8 correct     6 correct     4 correct

answers          answers       answers      answers      answers

diamond-thinker.jpggolden-thinker.jpg     silver-thinker.jpg    bronze-thinker-crop.jpg      red-thinker.jpg

Diamond         Golden         Silver         Bronze              Red

Thinker           Thinker       Thinker      Thinker           Thinker

THE RULES

Each member must pm [private message] their answers to me [Mi-Amigo] between 00.01 [one minute after midnight] and 23.59 [11.59pm] tomorrow - on Thursday 13February 2020.

No member is to post any answer on the thread.

Any answer received before 00.01 on Thursday and/or after 23.59 [11.59pm] on Thursday will be declared void.

No googling, wiki, youtube search for answers.

With, what I have tried to make to be a fair balance of easier and trickier questions, I hope "regulars"

@Cleoriff   @gmarkj  @jonsie   @MI5  @pgn  @Anonymous ; Community Managers @Martin-O2 and

@Marjo ; and members who have played previously - @RyanK1992 ;  @Sy ; @TallTrees ; @BOSSGOGG  

will take part, and that new members, and those who have not previously played, will join in.

Please feel free to post any comments on the questions - but not the answers - on this thread.

, and, if you have any questions about the quiz, please ask and I will reply here.

Thank you everyone for your interest and for making the White Room Thursday Quiz so popular...

I hope everyone enjoys this edition of the White Room Thursday Quiz.

@Mi-Amigo  

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 1 of 51
50 REPLIES 50

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35744 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1578 Solutions

@Mi-Amigo wrote:

@@

@pgn 

Thank you for your comment. Err a couple of your answers did include a naughty answer which I did find amusing joy

All in all, it is all the players who take part which make the quizzes fun - and may that continue.

Thank you. 

Thanks, @Mi-Amigo!

Answers by PM mean you probably get to see the more, er, risqué thought-processes as the answers are deduced... Probably get my messages deleted by a Mod otherwise 😬

Yes, quiz and Off-Topic generally are fun areas, not intended for deadly serious debate (not that you'd notice betimes!) 🤣

Message 51 of 51