Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Government loses Brexit Challenge.

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

The government must now seek parliamentary approval before triggering article 50 to leave the E.U

They lost the vote by 8-3

This means there must be a bill and an act of parliament before they begin the process..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-38720320?intlink_from_url=http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-po...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Looks as if the stock market has risen on this news.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 31

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

"The court also rejected arguments that the Scottish Parliament, Welsh Assembly and Northern Ireland Assembly should get to vote on Article 50 before it is triggered"

According to a few sources... this may give Scotland the push they need to call for a second referendum to seek independence

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 31

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Its all been a total farce but it's the UK citizens that bear the brunt of the total ineptitude of the government and their godforsaken policies. Please, I know people in the UK are suffering the consequences,  but spare a thought for ex-pats whose disposable income has been reduced by 20% since this farce started. Might not sound a lot but on a pension its the difference between comfortable and struggle for existance ....

Message 4 of 31

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Unfortunately, @jonsie, the pound is likely to drop even more with the uncertainty in the short term, but maybe it can bounce back as the government will not be able to push a 'hard Brexit'. Theresa May is going to look very foolish when she travels to the US this week and has to tell Trump that her hands are tied. He won't like this at all.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 31

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
I forget what I said but I speak only from the heart and opinions are mine entirely personally. I am suffering the consequences of ill informed people who picked up on media statements made to sell newspapers and sway public opinion. Seems the English are as gullible as our cousins in the USA.
Message 7 of 31

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Our countries are united by ill informed people who sorround themselves with uninformed people.....

Message 8 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable

The pound was always too high,I think the only people complaining are people that can afford to go on holiday a lot.

Message 9 of 31

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

The pound was always too high,I think the only people complaining are people that can afford to go on holiday a lot.

That seems a bit of a sweeping statement about the pound...and people who 'can afford to go on holiday a lot'

Oh well. I'm off to Spain again tomorrow....probably the first of 8 trips I shall have this year...though as you know nothing about me or my circumstances I wont let your comments affect me in the slightest.  ....Smiley Frustrated

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 31