Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gardeners in the O2 Community

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10769 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 347 Solutions

Hello! Enjoying looking through the queries and different topics occasionally but recently time has been limited by lots of gardening work at the end of the season. I have six upright growing Apple Trees and 5 upright growing pear trees called Minarettes closely pruned to keep columnar. Summer prune to shape whilst fruit still on and to keep them about 600mm apart.  Fruit then ripens as normal and picking September.  I have a mini plum tree also has summer prune to keep in shape.  A fig tree (given part of a very old one) growing in a large pot, also  patio peach and nectarine trees growing in 2 very large pots.  If I have too many fruits I make a mixed fruit jam with all the different fruits.  My passion is my Bees Osmia rufa ~ Red Mason Bee ~ an early pollinator and a sweet and gentle bee.  I breed these in special tubed boxes every year.  They are super pollinators and love fruit trees!  So we all enjoy the season!  Love to hear from other gardeners.  

Happiness is bee shaped!

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 1 of 53
52 REPLIES 52

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

Hi @Seahorse 

10,000 raspberries? joy

Well let's see, Crumbles, jams, tarts, raspberry coulis, and....errr...repeat?!!

Best of luck Happy Dance

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 51 of 53

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93236 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10769 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 347 Solutions

Hello @Seahorse
I adore raspberries 😍
I buy the frozen ones from supermarkets make 1/2 pt raspberry jelly in bowl and fill as many raspberries as possible in. Fantastic dessert. Put with anything very quick as frozen raspberries nearly set jelly straight away.
Very simple but easy.
I also like to put them in a sponge cake freshly baked. More raspberries on top Lovely with fresh cream.
Enjoy your raspberries !

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 53 of 53