Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Off-Topic

Level 17: Luminescent

Re: [GAME] Autumnal Word Search ๐Ÿ‚

Thanks for arranging and managing the game @Marjo  

Good game again and well done to @Mi-Amigo  for finding the final word.

Topics: 341

[ Edited ]

Well done everyone and thanks @Marjo for a nice, topical, wordsearch.

To be honest, I prefer this type of wordsearch where there is quite a variation in the words to find.

animated-elephant-image-0278

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"...
Robert Kennedy.

Former Staff

@Mi-Amigo wrote:

Well done everyone and thanks @Marjo for a nice, topical, wordsearch.

To be honest, I prefer these type of wordsearch where this quite a variation in words to find.

Ok good to hear your preferences. I've been thinking, what would a totally randomised word search sound? sweat smile The idea would be to just have words from whatever 'theme' without specifying, and just say how many actual words there are to find.... I think that might be interesting, however I'm just thinking about this from the creator point of view instead of a participant, so let me know if it sounds silly or not... Smiley Very Happy

โ†’ COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
โ†’ Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
โ†’ Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
โ†’ Have a query about your account? See if the My O2 how-to guide will help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? Smiley Happy
signature

Level 17: Luminescent

I don't mind @Marjo  and am quite happy to go along with the majority.

But my personal choice would be having a subject of some sort as I feel a totally random search wouldn't be so good.  I think you need the subject to know what you're looking for.

Topics: 580

Might I suggest that the next one has the letters and numbers along the top and bottom?

Former Staff

@jonsie wrote:

I meant top and sides @Marjo wink

I'm having difficulties seeing this in my mind. You mean that the numbers that are now at the top would also be repeated at the bottom, and the letters would also be on both sides of the grid on left and right? If so then that's no problem at all. Smiley Happy

โ†’ Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
โ†’ Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!

signature

Topics: 341

@Bob_Mcg wrote:

I don't mind @Marjo  and am quite happy to go along with the majority.

But my personal choice would be having a subject of some sort as I feel a totally random search wouldn't be so good.  I think you need the subject to know what you're looking for.

I share @Bob_Mcg `s view that it would be better to specify the subject of the wordsearch and although I might struggle with words in some subjects [geography, cricket, golf for example], I`m quite willing to try and have a go; but I`m not sure if not specifying the number of words to find would actually work...

animated-elephant-image-0278

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"...
Robert Kennedy.

@Marjo wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

I meant top and sides @Marjo wink

I'm having difficulties seeing this in my mind. You mean that the numbers that are now at the top would also be repeated at the bottom, and the letters would also be on both sides of the grid on left and right? If so then that's no problem at all. Smiley Happy

yes @Marjo just so the side and top mirror to the other side and bottom

ie abc etc along the bottom to ad 1234 etc down the right side too.

I have the community page at 120% so the grid has to be scrolled up and dwn when I am looking

Former Staff

Cheers for your feedback and ideas! Sounds like a themed one might be the way to go in future ones as well then!

Yes @jonsie I think I got it now thumbsup we'll take this into account next time!

signature