[GAME] Autumnal Word Search 🍂

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Autumn.jpg

Hey guys,

Can you believe it's already Autumn? How time flies.... Summer is my favourite season, however I do like the fall and all the autumnal colours it brings!

So this brings us to our next Word Search puzzle - the theme this time is Autumn, and there are a total of 45 autumnal words hidden in the grid. Can you find them all? thinking nerd

As before, the rules are simple...

So that everyone has a chance to participate, please guess only 1 word per post and also please wait until someone else has guessed after you before you guess again.

🍂 🌰 🍠 🍂 🌰 🍠 🍂 🌰 🍠 

AutumnalWordSearch_0.PNG

🍂 🌰 🍠 🍂 🌰 🍠 🍂 🌰 🍠 

Good luck everyone! I will try my best to post the updated grid regularly so it's easier to keep up with the progress.

Message 1 of 82
81 REPLIES 81

BobM
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 4303 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for arranging and managing the game @Marjo  

Good game again and well done to @Mi-Amigo  for finding the final word.

Message 71 of 82

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25016 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Well done everyone and thanks @Marjo for a nice, topical, wordsearch.

To be honest, I prefer this type of wordsearch where there is quite a variation in the words to find.

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 72 of 82

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

@Mi-Amigo wrote:

Well done everyone and thanks @Marjo for a nice, topical, wordsearch.

To be honest, I prefer these type of wordsearch where this quite a variation in words to find.

Ok good to hear your preferences. I've been thinking, what would a totally randomised word search sound? sweat_smile The idea would be to just have words from whatever 'theme' without specifying, and just say how many actual words there are to find.... I think that might be interesting, however I'm just thinking about this from the creator point of view instead of a participant, so let me know if it sounds silly or not... grin

Message 73 of 82

BobM
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 4303 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I don't mind @Marjo  and am quite happy to go along with the majority.

But my personal choice would be having a subject of some sort as I feel a totally random search wouldn't be so good.  I think you need the subject to know what you're looking for.

Message 74 of 82

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Might I suggest that the next one has the letters and numbers along the top and bottom?

Message 75 of 82

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

I meant top and sides @Marjo wink

I'm having difficulties seeing this in my mind. You mean that the numbers that are now at the top would also be repeated at the bottom, and the letters would also be on both sides of the grid on left and right? If so then that's no problem at all. slight_smile

Message 77 of 82

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25016 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@BobM wrote:

I don't mind @Marjo  and am quite happy to go along with the majority.

But my personal choice would be having a subject of some sort as I feel a totally random search wouldn't be so good.  I think you need the subject to know what you're looking for.

I share @BobM `s view that it would be better to specify the subject of the wordsearch and although I might struggle with words in some subjects [geography, cricket, golf for example], I`m quite willing to try and have a go; but I`m not sure if not specifying the number of words to find would actually work...

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 78 of 82

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Marjo wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

I meant top and sides @Marjo wink

I'm having difficulties seeing this in my mind. You mean that the numbers that are now at the top would also be repeated at the bottom, and the letters would also be on both sides of the grid on left and right? If so then that's no problem at all. slight_smile

yes @Marjo just so the side and top mirror to the other side and bottom

ie abc etc along the bottom to ad 1234 etc down the right side too.

I have the community page at 120% so the grid has to be scrolled up and dwn when I am looking

Message 79 of 82

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Cheers for your feedback and ideas! Sounds like a themed one might be the way to go in future ones as well then!

Yes @jonsie I think I got it now thumbsup we'll take this into account next time!

Message 80 of 82