Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Formula1 2016

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 126030 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

Channel 4 has taken over the terrestrial viewing for Formula 1 after BBC opted out of the contract.

I love F1 and am a bit dubious as to how successful this will be. However they have stated there will be no adverts during race time (thank god)

Yesterday they officially revealed the presenting team......

David Coulthard, Mark Webber, Alain Prost, Alex Zanardi, Susie Wolff, Karun Chandhok, Eddie Jordan and Bruno Senna; alongside seasoned live presenters and journalists Steve Jones, Ben Edwards and Lee McKenzie.

It also says Guy Martin will be making appearances

http://www.channel4.com/info/press/news/channel-4-unveils-expert-formula-1-presenting-team

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 1,991
1,990 REPLIES 1,990

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

If I am being fair I watched the Sky F1 diagnosistic screen. and it really didnt show he did anything wrong. Had he braked he would have locked up....and unlike Austria he was turning the steering wheel well to the right. I am being magnanimous as lewis won...So he can take my grudging opinion and think himself lucky....LOL

It's not that he turned the wheel.........if he hadn't he'd have gone straight on..........it's when he turned the wheel.

When they showed the in-car shot he turned the wheel extremely late into the corner either that was deliberate or he was under heavy braking therefore unable to turn the wheel.......he would not necessarily have to lock up.

He had to turn the wheel "well to the right" because he was so deep into the corner.

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 1201 of 1,991

MI5
  • 149478 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28498 Solutions

@Beenherebefore wrote:

It's not that he turned the wheel.........if he hadn't he'd have gone straight on..........it's when he turned the wheel.

When they showed the in-car shot he turned the wheel extremely late into the corner either that was deliberate or he was under heavy braking therefore unable to turn the wheel.......he would not necessarily have to lock up.

He had to turn the wheel "well to the right" because he was so deep into the corner.

Exactly that ^^^

Rosberg made no attempt to turn the wheel until he was sure Ves was well off the track - slam dunk for the stewards Happy Dance

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 1202 of 1,991

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 126030 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

Oh well that  was my one and only magnanimous comment about Rosberg. If honest I was also led by the commentators....so I have no problem retracting....He lost that  race with his c*ck up at the start.....and I have no problem with that at all.......We all know who the best driver is....Happy Dance

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1203 of 1,991

Beenherebefore
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions
We're not privy to the Mercedes telemetry so we're only guessing but all the video shown so far points to a deliberate move.
Message 1204 of 1,991

Cleoriff
  • 126030 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

@Beenherebefore wrote:
We're not privy to the Mercedes telemetry so we're only guessing but all the video shown so far points to a deliberate move.

In fairness I have just this minute watched it on the Ch4 highlight show....in slow motion from a different camera angle....and yeah.....dirty cheat....LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1205 of 1,991

MI5
  • 149478 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28498 Solutions

@Beenherebefore wrote:
We're not privy to the Mercedes telemetry so we're only guessing 

We don't, but the stewards do.....

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 1206 of 1,991

Beenherebefore
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

@Beenherebefore wrote:
We're not privy to the Mercedes telemetry so we're only guessing 

We don't, but the stewards do.....

arrowAnd that's why NR was penalised

Message 1207 of 1,991

Beenherebefore
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions
Message 1208 of 1,991

MI5
  • 149478 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28498 Solutions
They must have got it off Hwan tongue
Message 1209 of 1,991

Beenherebefore
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
They must have got it off Hwan tongue

Well he did pen that well known song

"Hwan tana mera"

Message 1210 of 1,991