Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Formula1 2016

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 125802 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7549 Solutions

Channel 4 has taken over the terrestrial viewing for Formula 1 after BBC opted out of the contract.

I love F1 and am a bit dubious as to how successful this will be. However they have stated there will be no adverts during race time (thank god)

Yesterday they officially revealed the presenting team......

David Coulthard, Mark Webber, Alain Prost, Alex Zanardi, Susie Wolff, Karun Chandhok, Eddie Jordan and Bruno Senna; alongside seasoned live presenters and journalists Steve Jones, Ben Edwards and Lee McKenzie.

It also says Guy Martin will be making appearances

http://www.channel4.com/info/press/news/channel-4-unveils-expert-formula-1-presenting-team

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 1,991
1,990 REPLIES 1,990

Cleoriff
  • 125802 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7549 Solutions

MI5
  • 149101 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28466 Solutions
Like I said earlier - he should have lifted under waved double yellows and from the cockpit playback he appeared to, so is legit - no need to whinge about it just because Ricardo was further up the track and had his lap ruined - just bad luck.
Whinge at Alonso for spinning off if that's all they got.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 1032 of 1,991

Cleoriff
  • 125802 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7549 Solutions

Well Ted Kravitz did say this is the second time Alonso has cost Hamilton pole Hero

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1033 of 1,991

MI5
  • 149101 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28466 Solutions
Just bad luck - you can't do jack about it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 1034 of 1,991

Cleoriff
  • 125802 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7549 Solutions

Just look at the smarmy face of Rosberg....Evil

http://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1035 of 1,991

Cleoriff
  • 125802 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7549 Solutions

Well Rosberg got away with it...but according to this article Red Bull are now under investigation?

http://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/36876625

"But the grid could yet change because, in the hectic conditions of a wet first qualifying session that featured three crashes and four red flags, half the field did not set times within 107% of the fastest lap in that session.

According to article 35.1 of the sporting regulations, any car that does not manage this will not be allowed to start. Exceptions can be made, but in that case the drivers in question are classified in the order of final practice.

This could mean that Red Bull drivers Daniel Ricciardo and Max Verstappen will be demoted from third and fourth places on the grid to 12th (Verstappen) and 13th".

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1036 of 1,991

MI5
  • 149101 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28466 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Well Rosberg got away with it...

He didn't do anything "to get away with" Smiley Frustrated

Message 1037 of 1,991

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

This will see if the FIA practise common sense or not.

Article 35.1 was not formed for this type of event. It's intention is to prevent abnormally slow cars to be excluded from the actual race on safety grounds

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 1038 of 1,991

Cleoriff
  • 125802 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7549 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

Well Rosberg got away with it...

He didn't do anything "to get away with" Smiley Frustrated

Oh alright...earlier you said he was lucky....Doesn't matter anyway I was just surprised about the Red Bull situation...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1039 of 1,991

MI5
  • 149101 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28466 Solutions
Yeah, he was lucky he was further back and mostly missed the yellow flags.
Message 1040 of 1,991