cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Football Talk

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thought I would start off a thread, bit of friendly banter not too heavy and an opportunity to express your ideas about your favourite team.

What are you hoping for in the January transfer market?

As a Liverpool fan I am hoping for cover for Mane and the front 3.

Message 1 of 999
998 REPLIES 998

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93176 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

This would be the death of the beautiful game

This would be the death of my love affair with MUFC

RIP soccer

Message 461 of 999

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25133 Posts
  • 809 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

This would be the death of the beautiful game

This would be the death of my love affair with MUFC

RIP soccer

@jonsie 

Our teams might be rivals on the football pitch but we stand together in our opposition at the death of the beautiful game.

I have followed LFC since 1961, have seen the good and bad times but never dreamed this would ever happen. 

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 462 of 999

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thing is tho, things have gotten stale & when reforms are needed a good mutiny normally sorts it.
Message 463 of 999

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Exactly that @Anonymous the expansion of the Champions League and the other competions is just taking the fans wallets for a ride and diluting the game. Now we have what looks like an American cartel owning Premier League clubs thinking they can come up with a better prospect of making profit but forgetting Europe works totally different to the US (Also mean that in a business aspect from experience). 

Caught a bit on radio 2 mentioning that the market in Asia is considerable and whilst they don't have the emotional attachment of the local club, they don't want to pay money to see Southampton v Fulham when Liverpool v Real Madrid is so much more enticing. Its escaped a lot of people but Man Utd were pioneers of exploiting the Asian market hence the massive fanbase so losing a few local fans isn't going to impact them. Especially when the overseas TV rights  are going to more than cover the loss. The fans these days are paying to be literal crowd noise and atmosphere when you look at the commerial activities sections of the annual reports. 

Just read Chelsea & Man City are withdrawing so won't be long before the rest leave this particular deal. UEFA: you have been warned, the banks backing this will be back with a better offer and they now know which buttons to press. 

Message 464 of 999

Cleoriff
  • 122800 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Just heard on the 6pm news that Chelsea were in the process of drafting a withdrawal document.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 465 of 999

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25133 Posts
  • 809 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

BBC News online 

read more here 

Manchester City have withdrawn from the European Super League (ESL) and Chelsea are also preparing to do so.

Now we need Liverpool; Man Utd; Arsenal and Spurs to do the same.soccer

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 466 of 999

jonsie
  • 93176 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

A little bit of good has come out of this with the resignation of Woodward from the ManU board

Did he jump or was he pushed.....

Message 467 of 999

Anonymous
Not applicable

It all started with the Premiership broke away from the leagues. It's been a steady decline since.

Message 468 of 999

jonsie
  • 93176 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

And just like dominoes.....

All six greedy b*stards have now withdrawn from the agreement

Message 469 of 999

jonsie
  • 93176 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Manchester United are the only club who have ever been in the Champions League, Europa League and European Super League in the same season soccerLOL

Message 470 of 999