Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do Not Disturb Function not working on new iPod on iOS 8

DinoF
Level 12: Nimble
  • 603 Posts
  • 39 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

So have just set up my sons iPod for his Xmas present however I cannot get the Do Not Disturb function to work properly? 

I have the 'Manual' option set to 'off' so that I can schedule a time for it to come on, however, when I then set the scheduled time, when that time comes around , the 'Manual' option ALSO turns itself on as well???

i just can't seem to set a scheduled time for it to come on, WITHOUT having  the 'Manual' option also coming on (this is how it is set up on my iPad 2 - I have scheduled times for it to come on with the 'Manual' option turned off). 

Smiley Frustrated

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
The last resort I can suggest if none of the above advice has worked is do a full restore of the iPod via iTunes on a pc or Mac but make sure you back up first so as not to lose anything already on the device
Message 11 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
The question I would ask myself would be is this an important feature I'd be using on my iPod to warrant time and effort.

I understand this should work and is frustrating.
Message 12 of 16

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

DinoF
Level 12: Nimble
  • 603 Posts
  • 39 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

....weirdly, this issue seems to have now resolved itself!!

Initially, every time I set a scheduled Do Not Disturb, the Manual option would also turn itself on as well, once the 'turn on' time came around, rendering the scheduled time useless. I basically could  not turn on the scheduled time without the manual time also turning on as well. Smiley Frustrated

However, last night, I just thought, sod it, I'll just turn on the scheduled times (turn on at 8pm and turn off at 8am) and just leave it and see what happens.  So checked after 8pm last night and the Do Not Disturb did indeed activate as soon as 8pm came around but so did the Manual switch as well (as stated in my OP).

I figured that the Do Not Disturb function (to turn off at 8am) would now not work as the Manual switch had also been activated but I just left it to see what would happen.  Low and behold, when I then checked the iPod after 8am, the manual switch had turned itself off meaning the Do Not Disturb had indeed now correctly worked - it turned on at 8pm the night before and turned off at 8am the next morning.

It seems that for whatever reason (unless I have missed something completely obvious?!!), it is now working correctly?!!!

Message 14 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ain't that just Sod's law. 😄

A good outcome however. 😉
Message 15 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Glad to see the issue has resolved itself
Message 16 of 16