Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dancing on ice 2019

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Since a thread hasn't been started yet....the contestants lined up for Dancing on Ice have been revealed during the last days. You might have missed with the ever so exciting Conservative Party Conference taking all the headlines but if you're like me, you probably don't care either.

Anyway:

https://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/20**Personal info**/dancing-on-ice-2019-contestants-line-up-rumou...

(replace personal info with 20**Personal info**)

So next year you get to witness:

Gemma Collins: some sort of reality show regular who's claim to fame is being on a contrived reality show. so claiming the Z-lister status of the show. Quote "I don’t know how they’re going to lift me up and how fast I can move around the ice, but I really want to give it a go!". Somehow I don't think thats going to happen. 

Richard Blackwood: another celeb looking to remain on TV after leaving Eastenders. Apparently has played the role of Donkey in Shrek the musical

James Jordan: yes, the Mr Bad Attitude from Strictly has found a job! Big advantage but lets face it, everyone is only going to tune in to see him fall and fail. Then there's the potential showdowns with Jason adding to the tension....

Brian McFadden: has he got some book or record deal coming out soon? At least his appearance fee will cover his drving fine

Saira Khan: runner up of the Apprentice series one and probably its best success. I'll expect her to work hard and do very well as that's her nature.

Ryan Sidebottom: Cricketer apparently. Looks rather like Sean Walsh currently on Strictly so maybe nobody will notice if they swap....

Melody Thornton: another Pussycat Doll. Is there some sort of backstage agreement that there must be at least one PCD member on UK TV at any given time?

Joe Mangle Mark Little : Ah the ever popular Mark is back on UK TV. Serious rival to Todd Carty's legacy of comedy. Will he be better that Cheryl Baker from last year? We'll find out soon enough.

Jane Danson: Token Coronation Street entry. Cue lots of former Coronation Street videos wishing her good luck every single week and lets try not be surprised when they partner her with Dan Whiston (he's being creative director so may not be skating).

Obviously we'll be getting the obligatory Love Island entry at some point...

Apparently they've brought back Karen Barber as Head Coach so with James Jordan and Jason Gardiner involved this might be worth watching. Sadly ITV are sticking with The Gopher and Wannabe but who will they get for the commentator? 

Message 1 of 455
454 REPLIES 454

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Three more names confirmed today

Wes Nelson who was in Love Island

Saara Aalto  X Factor and Eurovision singer.

Didi Conn. (if like me you say ...who the heck is that?) she played Frenchie in Grease. Now 67, so the best of luck to her.

I think that confirms the line up. Very low key announcements I think. Nothing like the fanfare SCD provides viewers with...?

Well that's 2 out of 3 I know and Wes Nelson isn't among the 2, surprisingly.

Nice to see Saara Aalto is still in the UK. Hope she's still singing as she has such a great voice. Now as she's Finnish, she may be good on skates, though don't know how well she can dance on ice. Be interesting to watch. Hope she does well.

Didi Conn, best of luck to her taking to the ice at 67. 

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 11 of 455

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122913 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Official announcement re start date. Jan 6th

doi 2019.PNG

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 455

Cleoriff
  • 122913 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

It has been confirmed that Karen Barber is being brought back to the reality competition as the show's new Head Coach.

"Having been involved with the show since its very first series, it holds a lot of special memories to me and I'm looking forward to working with this year's celebrities as we start transforming them into skating stars," she said.

As for the judges, 2018 saw Jason Gardiner and Ashley Banjo taking the hot seats, alongside skating supremes Jayne Torvill and Christopher Dean.

4. Dancing on Ice 2019 pairings: Who are the celebrities skating with?

This is what's confirmed so far:

• Jane Danson and Sylvain Longchambon
  • Saara Aalto and Hamish Gaman
  • Gemma Collins and Matt Evers
  • Melody Thornton and Alexander Demetriou
  • Didi Conn and Lukasz Rozycki
  • Saira Khan and Mark Hanretty
  • Brian McFadden and Alex Murphy
  • Ryan Sidebottom and Brandee Malto
  • Mark Little and Brianne Delcourt
  • Richard Blackwood and Carlotta Edwards
  • James Jordan and Alexandra Schauman
  • Wes Nelson and Vanessa Bauer

Poor old Matt Evers. One of the best professional ice skaters in the team. I can't see him getting very far with his celebrity!!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 455

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Thanks for all the info @Cleoriff.

Intreresting to see Saira Khan's name. She is a busy lady, clearly wants to up her profile.

Looking forward to seeing James Jordan and Saara Aalto, and Jane Danson. Gemma Collins' name rings a bell but I don't know why. Will have to look her up.

Am looking forward to the show.

Message 14 of 455

Cleoriff
  • 122913 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

You would remember Gemma Collins if you saw her @Glory1

One of the so called 'celebs' from The Only Way Is Essex.

She is a real pain. Rather a large lady who gives up at the slightest challenge. She was in 'I'm a celebrity get me out of here' and lastest 4 days before she requested to leave!!

I hear she was on Celebs go Dating (I don't watch that) and famously fell through a trapdoor at some Awards Ceremony or another.

One of those people who would 'turn up at the opening of an envelope'

Image result for image of Gemma Collins

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 15 of 455

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Thanks for the photo @Cleoriff. I know exactly who she is now even though I don't watch The Only Way Is Essex. I've seen her on other shows, a real div. I can see her falling off her skates tbh. Can't see her lasting long unless she has a large fan base from TOWIE to keep her in.

No I don't watch Celebs Go Dating either but I can picture her falling through a trap door. She's in a world of her own; in fact on a planet of her own LOL And yes, no question she would 'turn up at the opening of an envelope' joy

I find all these types of reality shows, including that one centring on the wealthy in Chelsea, as a waste of airtime. Would rather watch paint dry joy

Message 16 of 455

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

@Glory1:Obligatory youtube video: 

Also: has more subscribers than TOWIE.

Message 17 of 455

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@sheepdog wrote:

@Glory1:Obligatory youtube video: 

Also: has more subscribers than TOWIE.

joyrofl

Message 18 of 455

Cleoriff
  • 122913 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

I will never forget the shock at one TV awards ceremony when Towie beat every other reality programme to win the top award.

It was probably the first season.

I have never watched it once and you could hear the sighs of horror when it won...(never won again) rolling_eyes

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 19 of 455

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you all above for the info

Pleased to know Karen Barber is to be head coach

Will be looking forward to watching how James Jordan can dance on ice & his no doubt spats with Jason 

Saira Kahn could do well

For such a show you'd think they'd attract better class celebrities

Message 20 of 455