Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DANCING ON ICE 2024.

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123555 Posts
  • 827 Topics
  • 7477 Solutions

Most of the contestants have been announced for the show so I will post them @Mi-Amigo and @sheepdog (and any other members who wish to join in.)

Dancing In Ice 24.png

The Contestants

RICKY HATTON MBE (Retired Boxer)

DOI24 RickyH.jpg

CLAIRE SWEENEY (ACTRESS)

DOI24 Claire.jpg

HANNAH SPEARITT (singer S Club 7)

DOI24 Hannah.jpg

AMBER DAVIES (Love Island/ Now Musicals Star)

DOI24 Amber.jpg

GREG RUTHERFORD MBE (Track and  Field Olympian -Long Jump)

DOI24 Greg.jpg

MILES NAZAIRE (Reality Star -Made In Chelsea)

DOI24 Miles.jpg

STEPHEN LUSTIG-WEBB Hairdresser/Reality Star (Gogglebox)

DOI24 Stephen.jpg

LOU SANDERS Stand Up Comedian.

DOI24 Lou.jpg

RICKY NORWOOD ACTOR (Eastenders)

DOI24 Ricky.jpg

ADELE ROBERTS Broadcaster and  DJ

DOI24 Adele.jpg

ROXY SHAHIDI ACTRESS (Emmerdale)

DOI24 Roxy.jpg

RYAN THOMAS Actor -Coronation Street. (His brother Adam currently on SCD.)

DOI24 Ryan.jpg

So 12 contestants currently. I think that will be it.

No word on Judges, although we know Jayne Torville and Christopher Dean will be there.

Presenters.

Originally Stephen Mulhern was replacing Philip Schofield and WAS appearing with Holly Willoughby. However, as she has now left This Morning, it's doubtful whether she will be appearing.

So this thread can be shelved until January. 😂

https://www.radiotimes.com/tv/entertainment/dancing-on-ice-2024-line-up/ 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 88
87 REPLIES 87

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Oh forgot about Rod Steward and Jools Holland promoting their latest record. Not a bad performance overall but the band looked a bit bored and past their bedtime. 

Message 71 of 88

Cleoriff
  • 123555 Posts
  • 827 Topics
  • 7477 Solutions

Flying Week.

(Yet again ITV are being 'spiteful'.)

They have kindly given us the music for the flying segment, although nothing at all for the solo skate!

Adele and Mark: Rise Like a Phoenix by Conchita Wurst.

Amber and Simon : Wildest Dream by Taylor Swift

Miles and Vanessa : Feeling Good by Michael Buble

Greg and Vanessa : Sky Full of Stars by Coldplay

Ryan and Amani : Aint that a Kick In The Head by Robbie Williams.

So there they are flying! No idea about solo skate. 

The FB DOI groups have an aversion against Amber (Can't skate alone) and Adele (Sympathy vote due to stoma which is mentioned every week)

Their winners are Greg, Miles, and reluctantly Ryan. 😂                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 72 of 88

RunrigForever
Level 19: Quirky
  • 2388 Posts
  • 34 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @Cleoriff @sheepdog @Mi-Amigo for your comments and information.

I am enjoying this years DOI.

My favourite is Greg & Vanessa. 

Not really interested in the flying part of Sunday's show, but will stick with it slight_smile

***DESORMAIS***
Message 73 of 88

Cleoriff
  • 123555 Posts
  • 827 Topics
  • 7477 Solutions

Sorry guys. Had to go out this afternoon and got back at just gone 7.30pm. Will be posting late as I've just started watching the show. 🙄

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 74 of 88

Cleoriff
  • 123555 Posts
  • 827 Topics
  • 7477 Solutions

SEMI- FINAL Flying Week.

First section of the show was skating alone. The winner would score 5 and then down to 1. All skated together to Highway to Hell.

Greg scored 5

Miles scored 4

Ryan scored 3

Adele scored 2

Amber scored 1.

Flying Section.... I have to say that the judges seemed to reverse the scoring, marking the females the highest.

I am no expert on flying so comments will be brief.

Miles and Vanessa.

Good routine in the air although stumbled at time on landing Scored 36.5

Amber and Simon.

Much better in the air than on the ice. Lovely routine Scored 40 (overmarked)

Ryan and Amani.

Great storytelling. Great somersaults. Scored 38

Greg and Vanessa.

Did well for such a tall man. Position of arms not so good. Scored 36.5

Adele and Mark.

Very emotional routine using silks. Did very well Scored 39

Great performance by Dan Whiston and professionals

Results:

All men voted through.

Dance off between Amber and Adele.

Adele won the skate off so at long last the 'judges favourite' Amber is out.

Next Week

THE FINAL.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 75 of 88

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Watched it on ITVX which either it was the colour balance on the TV or it was garishly lit and lets just say, Stephen Mulherne looked a bit red. 

So I'll summarise this show in one sentence: worst show of the series. Didn't feel the flying segments added anything and took away from the ability to show off skating. As Ashley Banjo said, its not about the skating but more of the performance.

Talking of which, really disappointed he couldn't at least attempt a Jonny Weir outfit but the half hearted Mr Blobby shirt should have been in the right colour at least. 🤔

Solo skate-off bit: hmmm. Slightly more from Amber but too unsure and not enough. Saying that, the overall segment was too short no doubt to accommodate the prep time for the flying. Thought Ryan was marginally better than Amber though Greg did pull off the better jumps than Miles (who may have slipped but that may be the dodgy camera angle). 

Flying: basically spinning around to a pre-program routine. Which suited Amber completely as it was more of the same as last week but not needing to be dragged around. 

Miles Ok, went for the vogue moves and nothing too spectacular. Bit of a so-so performance tonight for him from my point of view in both segments. 

Ryan: liked it as it was a story though maybe a little less of the wide open arms crucifix would have made it more elegant. Fortunately no showing of his cheeky chappies from last week. 

Greg: went for the performance and almost got away with it if it wasn't for those pesky timings. Wasn't keen on the big grins though. 

Adele: actually liked this one out of the lot. Thought she did exceptionally well with the moves and the silks did take it up a notch. 

That pro-routine was really excellent from Dan Winstone. As for Priscilla the Party piece, more akin to Lazy Town or Crystal Tipps & Alistair. Vote now:

p256272_b_v10_bacrystal-tipp-hide-r-c

Skate-off: to be honest, it could have gone either way. Both Amber & Adele made errors but overall, I thought Amber was just the better in delivering the routine. Probably didn't help her case by being defeatist before Adele has skated. Ho hum. 

So next week is the big week. Liverpool need to beat Man City otherwise they can say goodbye to winning the Premier League 🤣 

Message 76 of 88

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25261 Posts
  • 822 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Solo: I thought Amber gave a better performance than previously; preferred Miles performance to Greg`s but that said, judges` scores were about right in my opinion.

Flying: I liked Miles routine; thought Ryan did good job with story-telling performance; wasn`t over-impressed with Greg; thought Amber did better in air than on ice and judges` score was over-marked; thought Adele gave emotional performance.

Skate-off: Not too surprised Amber and Adele is skate-off - given some of the comments on social media [as posted on this thread about last week`s DOI]. Amber did try, I`ll give her that, but in my opinion Adele gave better performance.

Final: Going to be interesting - I think it might be Greg v Miles to skate to Bolero.

@sheepdog 

re- Liverpool v Man City. Klopp is more than aware of the danger of losing this match, but I have faith in Klopp`s kids to win this and retain the lead; but even if it`s a draw or heaven forbid Pep`s puppies win; there is still some way to go before the end of the season. 

Back to DOI - looking forward to the Final....

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 77 of 88

Cleoriff
  • 123555 Posts
  • 827 Topics
  • 7477 Solutions

Not going to get involved in any football comment but agree with Sheepdog re worse show of series. It's Dancing On Ice not flying around over the Ice!!

Personally I was pleased it was both females in Skate off as

1) Amber is not up to Final standard

2) Adele. I have a complete aversion to someone mentioning their cancer every week. (This is personal to me so I'll say no more) It gives them an extra point out of sympathy. 'Oh isn't she marvellous'. No actually. It's pretty commonplace and we see it on a lot of shows where people, for many reasons, have an altered body image or disability. Look at Rose on SCD. She was totally deaf. Athletes who have competed in the paralympics etc etc.

I have no problem  hearing about cancer recovery once as part of a back story...but not every week!!

@sheepdog @Mi-Amigo

I have just checked last years DOI. Only 3 in final. (Nile, Joey and The Vivienne) This year there are four. Not sure how that will work?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 78 of 88

RunrigForever
  • 2388 Posts
  • 34 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @Cleoriff @sheepdog @Mi-Amigo  for your comments.

I failed to watch the show as I unintentionally fell asleep.

Pleased Greg and Vanessa are through. 

***DESORMAIS***
Message 79 of 88

RunrigForever
  • 2388 Posts
  • 34 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have a plan so's I get to watch tonight's final. Put alarm on phone and leave phone in living room whilst I go upstairs for a Power Rest. Looking forward to it all. Hope Greg & Vanessa do well 💐

***DESORMAIS***
Message 80 of 88