Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DANCING ON ICE 2024.

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 125802 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7549 Solutions

Most of the contestants have been announced for the show so I will post them @Mi-Amigo and @sheepdog (and any other members who wish to join in.)

Dancing In Ice 24.png

The Contestants

RICKY HATTON MBE (Retired Boxer)

DOI24 RickyH.jpg

CLAIRE SWEENEY (ACTRESS)

DOI24 Claire.jpg

HANNAH SPEARITT (singer S Club 7)

DOI24 Hannah.jpg

AMBER DAVIES (Love Island/ Now Musicals Star)

DOI24 Amber.jpg

GREG RUTHERFORD MBE (Track and  Field Olympian -Long Jump)

DOI24 Greg.jpg

MILES NAZAIRE (Reality Star -Made In Chelsea)

DOI24 Miles.jpg

STEPHEN LUSTIG-WEBB Hairdresser/Reality Star (Gogglebox)

DOI24 Stephen.jpg

LOU SANDERS Stand Up Comedian.

DOI24 Lou.jpg

RICKY NORWOOD ACTOR (Eastenders)

DOI24 Ricky.jpg

ADELE ROBERTS Broadcaster and  DJ

DOI24 Adele.jpg

ROXY SHAHIDI ACTRESS (Emmerdale)

DOI24 Roxy.jpg

RYAN THOMAS Actor -Coronation Street. (His brother Adam currently on SCD.)

DOI24 Ryan.jpg

So 12 contestants currently. I think that will be it.

No word on Judges, although we know Jayne Torville and Christopher Dean will be there.

Presenters.

Originally Stephen Mulhern was replacing Philip Schofield and WAS appearing with Holly Willoughby. However, as she has now left This Morning, it's doubtful whether she will be appearing.

So this thread can be shelved until January. 😂

https://www.radiotimes.com/tv/entertainment/dancing-on-ice-2024-line-up/ 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 88
87 REPLIES 87

Cleoriff
  • 125802 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7549 Solutions

Well I appear to have made a pigs ear of my report above.

Completely missed out

Ricky and Annette Mr Blue Sky.

However, I have written their info under Eddie and Vicky (who skated very well )

I thought I'd missed someone out .....and I had. 😂

@Mi-AmigoI agree about Lou and Brendyn Last week there was an outpouring of rage from the public about the low scores given to them. Everyone said, apart from Adele, Lou was the only one to skate on her own.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 41 of 88

sheepdog
  • 3316 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Missed the live show as I was out so ITVX it is. Adverts are less painful to sit through thankfully. Ashley Banjo really has bad fashion advice hasn't he. Stephen Mulherne needs to stop shouting. Holly's bows on the dress might have been a last minute literal addition to keep things family friendly. 

Ryan: Pure and simple

Compound errors and I felt it was touch dull and went a bit safe after the error. Will do better in coming weeks after tonight. 

Roxy: Jump In to Sylvain's arms

I think she does have potential but Sylvan needs to stop taking control or she's gone. 

Hannah: Don't let it go

Honestly, Let it go is an awful song in full and painful. The hook is rather catchy though. Onto the skate and well, not much of an improvement over last week. Judging by her attitude afterwards, she's not "there". 

Greg: You never Can Tell what's gonna happen

Impressive. Would say a little more finesse is needed as the skating can look too pushed rather than natural. Needs to work a bit more on the performance aspect too but that will come. 

Claire: Gru-ella 

Colin's costume was pretty good as was her performance in character. Sadly he dragged her around too much. Some good bits and speed isn't going to be her thing but as Roxy, needs to demonstrate her solo ability next week. 

Lou: Hold on to your partner!

After last weeks skate-off, I'd expect to see a bit more but didn't quite get there. The potential is there but against Roxy or Claire, she's going to lose out. 

Eddie: Soul Bossing Man

Yeah baby! Performance levels way above expectations. Definitely needs to be more solid on the ice and transitions. 

Ricky: Mr Blue Sky thinking

Hmmm, not bad. Some improvements on last week. Does need to work on speed during transitions as he tends to lose a lot of it making the routine looking stuttered. Also the green paint on Annette!!! 😺 Technically better than the Roxy or Claire which will win out in the skate-off. In theory but the judges have their favourites....

Miles: A Thousand Years of practice?

Remind me, this is week 2 isn't it effectively and this was a performance weeks ahead of time. Actually thought Vanessa was the worst part of it which is high praise indeed. Needs to button up the shirt as I don't want compare beer bellies 😂

Adele: Got a big club and going to use it

There's holding onto your partner then there's holding on to your partner to show off your skills. See Roxy & Claire, that's what you need to next week. Either way, she's the best female this series. 

Amber: What was I made for? That seems to be the final...

Built on last weeks performance and wow, does she look comfortable in all areas. Lets see the solo skills now. Think she has the edge over Adele though so far.

A quick interview with Kelly Holmes in there reminded me of how awful she was. Unfortunately there's no video of Jason Gardiner's infamous critique. Ariana deBose was a bit meh. As in vomiting meh. 

So next week's show is DOI does Strictly. Though I fail to see the link of why Shrek the musical is the filler musical act but I may be amazed. Or not. Quite likely not. 

Message 42 of 88

Cleoriff
  • 125802 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7549 Solutions

@sheepdog @Mi-Amigo 

Really get fed up scrabbling around looking for the music for this damn show!!!

Checked Digital Spy, Tellymix, Instagram, FB and nothing.

It's DANCE WEEK apparently (according to Eddie the Eagle who was on This Morning today)

He's doing the jive.

That's all I know. Not sure why it's all such a damn secret!!

Rant Over!!!!!😂

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 43 of 88

Cleoriff
  • 125802 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7549 Solutions

@sheepdog @Mi-Amigo 

At 22.00 on Saturday, I eventually found the music for Week 4!!

Dance Week

Ryan and Amani.  Tango: Into The Jungle by X-Ambassadors

Adele and Mark. Charleston : Hit The Road Jack By Throttle

Miles and Vanessa. Ballet : Vois Sur Ton Chemin By Les Choristes

Greg and Vanessa. Salsa : La Bamba by Ricky Martin

Roxy and Sylvain. Bellydance : Beautiful Liar by Beyonce and Shakira.

Lou and Brendyn. Waltz : Wonderful World by Eva Cassidy.

Claire and Colin. Burlesque : Big Spender by Shirley Bassey.

Eddie and Vicky. Jive : Karma Chameleon by Culture Club.

Ricky and Annette. German Clapdance 😂 To YMCA by Billy McIntyre/Ceilidh Band.

Amber and Simon. Cha Cha Cha : Sway by Michael Buble

So that's it. Hope these ice dances are worth it after the ridiculous amount of time it's taken me to find out the music and dances. Anyone would think they were state secrets!! FGS 😂

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 44 of 88

Cleoriff
  • 125802 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7549 Solutions

Week 4 Dance Week.

Adele and Mark : Charleston.

Excellent skate, Fast and furious. Great charleston steps Scored 30

Miles and Vanessa. Ballet.

Beautiful routine. Lovely lifts and positioning. Scored 31.5

Lou and Brendyn. Waltz.

After previous two skaters this wasn't as good. It was a bit wobbly. Great storytelling. Scored 24.5

Amber and Simon. Cha Cha Cha.

Wow..what an excellent skate. Great transistions. Very bold Scored 34

Ricky and Annette. German Folk Dance.

Mmmmmmmm.... Not impressed. Too much use of toe picks. I didnt like it at all. Scored 24

Claire and Colin. Burlesque.

Claire had a rib injury. Even so 'the show must go on'. Sadly, her singing was better than her skating.

Too many lift. No skating alone Scored 23.5

Ryan and Amani. Tango.

Another one who had a rehearsal disaster. However a really dramatic opening and a great skate Score 29

Eddie and Vicky. Jive.

I know he is the judges favourite but I didn't like it. Wobbly at times There was a mistake Scored 28.5

Roxy and Sylvain  Bellydance

Poor routine. She never let go of Sylvain. Dangerous lift but messed up at end. Scored 26

Greg and Vanessa. Salsa.

Superb  skate with great routine. Amazing speed Scored 30.5

Posting now

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 45 of 88

Cleoriff
  • 125802 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7549 Solutions

Lou and Brendyn

v

Claire and Colin in dance off.

A tough skate off. Claire and Colin are out.

Week 5: A Night at the Musicals. Also, a double elimination!!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 46 of 88

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25581 Posts
  • 855 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Cleoriff @sheepdog @RunrigForever 

For me, the best performances tonight were

Amber and Simon; and Ryan and Amani 

Although Lou was not as good as some of the other celeb skaters, I don`t think she should have been in the bottom two and thought the judges were, again, unfair and undermarked her.

In my opinion, Roxy should have been in the skate-off.

Claire clearly was suffering with her injury and so her skating suffered. So she was quite rightly in bottom two and it was also right that she left the show.

As to the others...

I thought Adele and Mark; and Greg and Vanessa gave good performances; but was not impressed with Ricky and Annette; nor Eddie and Vicky.

I`m not a huge fan of musicals but I`m looking forward to seeing how the remaining celebs cope next week.

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 47 of 88

Cleoriff
  • 125802 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7549 Solutions

@Mi-Amigo 

I think Roxy, like Claire, suffered injury (although Roxy was in rehearsals today. When Sylvain did the lift where she was totally upside down ...Feet in the air, head facing the ice, she slipped and cracked her head on the ice. So she was so nervous.

Claire on the other hand, sustained her rib injury during practice sessions.

I do agree Lou was undermarked. As was Adam. (I don't think the panel like soap stars!)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 48 of 88

sheepdog
  • 3316 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Well I missed the first two skates of Miles & Adele as I was watching the comedy of Liverpool losing against Arsenal. The spirit of Slippy G is strong this season 🤣 Fortunately ITVX was there still trying to convince me there's stuff on ITV worth watching. 

I'll start off by saying being a couples dance, most acts could get away with not doing much skating. But it won't stop me pointing it out...nice to see Oti on the ice but we need to see her skate!

Adele: No charlie here Very good, needs to work on synchronisation once she comes out on her own. 

Miles: Seeing the path to the final  Pretty much a finalist. Top class stuff just a bit more smoothness on the arm extensions and maybe a little more slowness needed. Light and shade as Jason called it. 

Lou: Walzing to the bottom Not bad not great, could be more confident as she comes across as inelegant. Next week needs to be a mega improvement. 

Amber: Ah-Ah-Ah! And this is our second finalist. Needs to be a bit more relaxed as it led to a couple of minor mistakes but stage training got over that. Now next week, solo skating please. 

Ricky: Umpa loompah You know when a song is really famous and made it, is that you get to hear an interpretation coming from a musical market organ stall in the middle of winter in europe. My musical tastes know no bounds. Oh yes, marked improvement on skating but needs speed now. Loved it though and we're never going to see it on DOI again and he may not better it either. 

Claire: Well the song was good but even with the "adjustments due to injury", there wasn't much more that previous weeks to suggest it need major adjustments. Improved skating which isn't hard really but destined for the skate-off.

Ryan: Tango and Cash - pretty good after last week and pretty much went for the drama of the dance. Which ticked the box with gusto. Prelude video showed he did throw Amani but I'm glad he pulled off that move in the live show. Now he just needs to relax and not go for the complex lifts every week to try and out-do the others. 

Eddie: Jive Bunny Did you know Jive Bunny & The Mastermixers still release stuff to this day? Compared to the first two weeks, not so good but skating is there as is the performance but needs to work on the stability in transitions.

Roxy: Bellyflop Apparently had a fall on her head at some point but given the amount of botox, did she notice? Not really that good and no improvement so just a puppet for Sylvain now to toss about which she does remarkably well. Sylvain needs to work on his beer belly 😂

Greg Hot salsa sauce! Oh my, talk about notable improvement in a week. Finalist number 3 I think with that performance. And just for comparison, was he better on ice or on the floor (also a week 4 so a good comparison):

What an insult that we only got a button press and a thankyou from Eastender's legend Dean Gaffney. Might as well have dug up Wellard for all of that segments is worth. 

No surprises Claire was kicked out (or should that be "iced") though Lou repeated her last skate-off routine which was either too familar and boring or not as good as the first time she did it. 

Shrek the musical filler. Indeed a filler to advertise tickets for a musical you don't want to see. Eerily, you could mistake it for Torvil & Dean's contracted appearance on the ice. Then it looked like Ashley Banjo turned up and you just really wanted Oti to appear. Then again, Ashley Banjo doesn't need to dress up as a donkey does he 😎

Talking of which, he's off for a few weeks so we've got a guest judge Johnny Weir who is an actual figure skater. So we could be in for a treat on next weeks show:

sheepdog_1-1707088416160.gif

Double elimination next week so that's likely to be Lou and Roxy or Ricky.

BTW, I am actually enjoying this series!

Message 49 of 88

Cleoriff
  • 125802 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7549 Solutions

I love Johnny Weir @sheepdog 

In fact I was thinking yesterday of how times change.

When Torville and Dean won with Bolero, Johnny wouldn't have been allowed on the ice, wearing that great outfit and brilliant makeup. I hope he skates for us (as well as judge)

I'm enjoying the show although I do wish the judges marks matched their comments. They have favourites, like Eddie. Jane's comment when he messed up his routine..." you had a little stumble over there but no-one saw that" must have peed other contestants off mightily, when they lost points for less of a stumble.

As for Ricky @sheepdog, I don't ever want to see anyone else do the German Clap Dance to YMCA ever again. 😂. If they do, I'd hope for better synchronisation of the claps. We used to do that in the playground when I was a kid and it was a million times better than that. joy

So far we've had Music Week, Dance Week and next week it's a Night at the Musicals. Surely Week 6 will be props week?

My finalists at this stage are: Ryan, Greg, Miles, Adele and Amber Too many? I know but I love Ryan and would love to see him in the final!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 50 of 88