Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Christmas Mega Wordsearch - UK TV Series PART 1

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38502 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1735 Solutions

Welcome all, to another eye-crossing chance for the Forum’s 2022 Festive Frivolities to continue!

Come join the fun!

Hidden in a straight line across, up, down or diagonally (backwards as well as forwards) in the grid below are 68 UK TV Series - which could be from the usual channels or any of the streaming channels, eg. Netflix, Amazon, etc. Each show or series, current or past, has been selected from the top 250 shows titles ranked by popularity.

The rules are simple:

1. Find a series title in the grid
  2. Give me the full title you’ve found, as printed in the grid, along with its start and end coordinates
  3. Then give someone else a chance, and repeat

I'll update the grid at intervals during the day, and will compile a leader-board at completion.

In the spirit of Christmas, the first one is a freebie:  
GHOSTS  K22-F17

Have at it - only 67 series titles more to go!

Day01-WF-Progress.png

The proof-readers (yes!) found three extra words that are not actual UK TV Series - watch out! 

Message 1 of 216
215 REPLIES 215

pgn
  • 38502 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1735 Solutions

Thank you all for taking part, the scale and volume of titles in the grid has beaten even our most ardent grid-hunter, so the scores on the doors at 21:15, 12 hours after the start, are:

FoundBy:ShowsFound
@Mi-Amigo41
@Cleoriff11
@pgn4
@Bambino4
@Breanna3
@RafaC2
@gmarkj2
Grand Total67

The final, solved grid is:

Day01-WF-Progress.png

Wishing you all a Merry, Peaceful and uncrosseyed Christmas break!

I'll perhaps change the version for next Thursday from a grid to a Word Scramble instead, perhaps easier to work with for more people.

Message 211 of 216

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 126080 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7552 Solutions

Brilliantly put together @pgn and a superb effort from @Mi-Amigo.

PS I just got TIME with your final clue, however it wouldn't post!!

Never mind, a great game, even though I'm not the best at Wordsearches 😂

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 212 of 216

pgn
  • 38502 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1735 Solutions

@Mi-Amigo wrote:

Brilliant @pgn 

tbh I have never heard of them.

I thoroughly enjoyed this Word Search and having Freeview and Netflix probably helped, but I was lucky as in some cases I found words in the grid and guessed it was a TV show. Also I should add there are a lot of the answers which I`ve never seen. 😁 

Yes, having so many to choose from, and with so many streaming services - HBO, Sky, BritBox, Amazon, Netflix as well as BBC and ITV channels - the top 250 by popularity came from IMDB. The idea of the title theme or trailer from YouTube came half-way through - just to give people a taste for what the show was/is about - decent viewing may be challenging this coming weekend 🤣

You did brilliantly, going for all the awkward diagonal ones too. @Cleoriff has said previously she is not as tolerant of wordgrids as other puzzle formats, so depending on how many of the regulars were out doing necessary tasks prior to the long holiday period ahead, I may change my plans for the 2nd part - also around 60+ shows/series.  I shall have to cogitate upon it awhile...

Message 213 of 216

pgn
  • 38502 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1735 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Brilliantly put together @pgn and a superb effort from @Mi-Amigo.

PS I just got TIME with your final clue, however it wouldn't post!!

Never mind, a great game, even though I'm not the best at Wordsearches 😂

Well done, methinks a devilish scramble next Thursday - no grid, just letters, 60 or more rows of them devil

Message 214 of 216

RafaC
Former Staff
  • 1774 Posts
  • 157 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Tremendous effort on putting this word search grid together and hosting and running the game @pgn! Great game and a rather difficult one (the fact that the house has won shows this 😆). 

Well done to all the members who gave it a try and I'm really impressed by how many tv series @Mi-Amigo managed to find!

This topic is so valuable for the forthcoming days, thanks for so many trailers and show titles as well @pgn ‌😊

Merry Christmas everyone! I for one will be spending a lot of it in front of the telly  tv  ☃️

Message 215 of 216

BobM
Level 27: Desk Jockey
  • 4949 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Wow, @pgn - what a word search, well done on arranging and running that one.   I really enjoy them but been forced to lie a bit low lately and unable to take part in things.  Starting to resurface again now though and hopefully be around for part 2 next week.  @Mi-Amigo did really well to find the ones he did find, well done to him, in fact well done to everyone who took part.  Looked a lot of fun.

Message 216 of 216