cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charity (or lack of)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Tomorrow, my daughter and i will be doing a 5k buggy push to raise money for Bliss Babies (google it) ive heckled and heckled, and raised about 70 pound so far, which isnt bad. i have installed a JustGiving page,and you can even text your donations. 

So why is it hard for people to give a pound these days? you can easily have a pound in change in the bottom of your bag? and why not earn brownie/ goodwill points by doing something amazing for practically nothing? if you couldnt donate at the time, you could do it up to three months after the event! 

Do any of you think charity cases are too much now? or the level of expected donations has risen? please give me your thoughts as i want to do the best i can, if it wasnt for this chairty, i wouldnt have my daughter. 

So apologies for not being online today or tomorrow (to those that will miss me) i will be resting my voice (someone made the mistake of giving me a collection tin) and will have a few early nights.. 

stay safe and well, 

C ^^{}^^ 

Message 1 of 42
41 REPLIES 41

Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks hun 

Message 21 of 42

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93155 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions
Message 22 of 42

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Eager to know how you get on Carrie! slight_smile

I've added a bit for you. Smiley LOL

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 23 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you!!! total as it stand is 124.00, ive raised enough to havea child without pain for a while, which is what i set out to do! trainers on, hair curled ( well, there will be pictures..) see you guys at the end, thank you so much for your support, i wish i could hug everyone of you! slight_smile ❤️ (((((((((((((((MASSIVE HUG))))))))))))))))))

C ^^{}^^

Message 24 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable

DID IT!!!!! 5k in just over a hour, was lovely to do, had fun and definately would do another one grin feet are up, ready for a nap grin xx

Message 25 of 42

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Top job, well done Carrie! Smiley Very Happy

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 26 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well done babe, knew you could do it

Message 27 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable

THANK YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!! Just woke from a nap, so im guna order takeout and put a film on slight_smile ❤️ pictures are circulating lol! ill put one on my profile slight_smile

Message 28 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable

cool

Message 29 of 42

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93155 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions