Cats & Dogs

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 124175 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

R.I.P Pudsey heart

Pudsey the dog, winner of Britains got Talent, has died age 11

His owner Ashleigh Butler discovered that Pudsey had leukaemia when he became unwell.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/40687875/pudsey-the-dog-from-britains-got-talent-is-dead

[Please find old related discussion about Cats & Dogs [old]  here]

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 888
887 REPLIES 887

TallTrees
  • 10994 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 362 Solutions

I expect you will miss them @RunrigForever 

It is always very difficult to fit in with new animals and glad to hear they have found a new home.  Best wishes 

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 881 of 888

Cleoriff
  • 124175 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

Oh what a shame @RunrigForever 😢

I remember you had  another cat when Marty was still alive but he didn't get on with the new cat who had to be returned as well?

Sad for them but hope all three are now happily rehomed. xxx

Maybe a kitten would be your best bet, so you could train it just how you want?

Better luck next time hopefully. (if there is a next time)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 882 of 888

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12350 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1148 Solutions

Sorry to hear that it didn't work out with Dora and Sparkle @RunrigForever 

It can't have been easy to give them back, even knowing that it wasn't a very good fit. At least you know they have found another home.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 883 of 888

RunrigForever
Level 20: Radiant
  • 2530 Posts
  • 34 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for your comments above @Cleoriff & @gmarkj 

I was very upset.

I had the girls several weeks

Initially in the spare bedroom (was middle bedroom) ... = ... all self contained

I don't like closed doors in my home ..... only door to the cellar. I don't like going down there.

both girls let me stroke them and they didn't once want to go outside. I got a lot of bumf from YCR (Yorkshire Cat Rescue) and some typed up notes from the foster carer & her phone number, which I didn't use.

It was some time before an adult pen became available for Dora and Sparkle.

YCR rang me to say they couldn't say how they were getting along in their new home because it was data protection, which I understand.

Been to the YCR shop in town and bought some cat Christmas cards plus some small hand knitted toys = proper label from a group of crafters. I have bought 4 for the cats the parents of my daughter-in-law. They will be wrapped up and put in the post.

I doubt another cat / kitten @Cleoriff 

Dancer a black / white kitten for Marty as he was depressed ... Dancer had the run of the living room, closed door. He ate only biscuits and filled his litter tray every day - what a stinky little kitten he was, ha ha ha ..... I bought an igloo pet bed from the RSPCA volunteer he was with. When let to roam the house = Dancer slept on my head ! A RSPCA volunteer picked him up and he bonded well with her son who called him Dan. Dancer had the loudest Purr I have ever heard. The RSPCA put this in his profile. Marty came back to his usual self somehow. RSPCA understood about what they term the resident cat is disturbed / affected by one of their cats. Dancer was found with 2 other kittens wandering a nearby town.

I really thought a senior pair of cats I could give a good home to ... however ... it  was not to be.

It has knocked my confidence being a Cat Mom. Had cats since a kid.

Maybe, just maybe sometime in the future one senior cat would be alright ... but ... I have no plans.

Thank you all for understanding and commenting.

I have photos of Dora and Sparkle ... & ... Dancer (somewhere)

Cats Leave Pawprints on your Heart XX 

***DESORMAIS***
Message 884 of 888

RunrigForever
  • 2530 Posts
  • 34 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The Scottish Wildcat in the Clashnindorach ? area of Scotland has been saved from an unnecessary very large development by a foreign company when there are numerous other similar sites in Scotland for them to do whatever it is they do without disturbing a colony of the endangered species The Scottish Wildcat ..... night vision cameras have captured images of the beautiful animals = adults and kittens growing up ..... I have been following the strong petition against the formidable clout of the foreign company totally ruining a habitat for natural wildlife when there are many alternative places for the foreign company to work in Scotland.

***DESORMAIS***
Message 885 of 888

Cleoriff
  • 124175 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

I've not read the news about the foreign company wanting to build in an area where I know the Scottish wildcats have their habitat @RunrigForever ?

I do know they are on the brink of extinction and have less in the wild than tigers

There's a conservation project working hard to save them.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround/65482810 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 886 of 888

RunrigForever
  • 2530 Posts
  • 34 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks @Cleoriff 

Wildcat Haven is the organisation which has done so much to support the Scottish wildcat.

Originally a sad tale about one wildcat 'taken into custody' ..... but now doing well back in the wild, after a terrific campaign by Wildcat Haven.

I heard about this firstly off Facebook.

***DESORMAIS***
Message 887 of 888

Cleoriff
  • 124175 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

Thanks for that info @RunrigForever 

I'll look up that organisation. Doing really good work.

As usual, it's humans who are destroying the natual habitat of all wildlife!

NB, just looked them up https://www.wildcathaven.com/  They love all cats. Seems they feel the same way as you and I. ❤️

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 888 of 888