Cats & Dogs

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

R.I.P Pudsey heart

Pudsey the dog, winner of Britains got Talent, has died age 11

His owner Ashleigh Butler discovered that Pudsey had leukaemia when he became unwell.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/40687875/pudsey-the-dog-from-britains-got-talent-is-dead

[Please find old related discussion about Cats & Dogs [old]  here]

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 884
883 REPLIES 883

jonsie
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions
Message 61 of 884

Cleoriff
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Good luck Jane...to you and Marty four_leaf_cloverfour_leaf_clover

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 62 of 884

Cleoriff
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@AnonymousHow did Marty get on at the vets?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 63 of 884

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you @Cleoriff & @jonsie for wishing both me & Marty good luck & thinking about us

It's all my fault ... ... ... Marty has live fleas on him ... for every 1 on him there are 20 in the house ... nice receptionist lady said it's the weather = warm & moist ... I feel like I live in a hovel / midden ... My fault because ... = ... I knew I'd missed some days before putting Broadline on the back of his neck for fleas ... turns out it was 21 days ie 3 weeks! ... I thought I'd seen specks of flea-dirt on him the other day = he's ginger / white ... but no excuses I've let him down big style ... & ... landed myself right in it ... = ... ginormous can of spray pesticide £35 to go round all the nooks & crannies in the house & where Marty goes ... + ... to boilwash all the 'linen' etc where he lies for a catnap ... + ... to vacuum after pesticide every day for a week in all crevices, moving furniture ... + ... in a week's time a different anti-flea treatment Advantage ... ... ... Poor Marty as 2 weeks since I last used Broadline can't have any immediate relief as it's dangerous to overdo it for the pet

Apparently fleas like to be around the pet's bum ... & ... around the neck

Marty is eating well ... ... ... he likes his adventures outdoors ... ... ... I've been told by a neighbour he dozes in a wheelbarrow with old cloth in it under their 'car port'

I'm upset for Marty Cat Frustrated Cat Sad ... & ... annoyed with myself 

Edited for spelling

Thank you @Cleoriff for asking how Marty is, much appreciated ... Cat 

Message 64 of 884

Cleoriff
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Oh I wouldn't beat yourself up about it Jane. Easily done and happened to my cats on more than one occasion.

Once the fleas have gone from Marty he will be back to his normal self...Don't forget the weather has a huge effect on cats (and fleas) Mine dont go out as much now, there is no sun... therefore they stay in a lot. Cat

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 65 of 884

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

Oh I wouldn't beat yourself up about it Jane. Easily done and happened to my cats on more than one occasion.

Once the fleas have gone from Marty he will be back to his normal self...Don't forget the weather has a huge effect on cats (and fleas) Mine dont go out as much now, there is no sun... therefore they stay in a lot. Cat

Thank you very very much @Cleoriff ... Marty is a cool weather cat mostly, & he likes the outside, but also his sleeping inside ... my previous (all black) cat Wispa was a sun worshipper = she followed the sun in the living room & before I had central heating installed she'd practically burn herself from getting oh so close to the gas fire ... she loved sprawling out on the concrete yard in a patch of sun feeling the warmth ... all my cats have been different & Marty ... well, he's now well fed & probably sleeping in one of his 'new places' = on the pillows of the spare bed probably 

Thanks again Cleo' ... your cats like the sunshine not the cooler months ... hope they're alright Cat

Message 66 of 884

Anonymous
Not applicable

Came back from town ... shouted Marty in ... he proudly showed me he had a shrew in his mouth ... then proceeded to eat it quickly ... I thought fast & opened a pouch of his favourite cat food & rattled the spoon on the dish ... he stopped eating the shrew & came running inside ... I'm not kissing him today Cat Happy LOL

Message 67 of 884

jonsie
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

It seems to be 'silly' season for cats. Dark mornings and I get up only to find a mouse at the bottom of the stairs. I shudder when I think how close I came to stepping on it.....in my bare feet....nauseated_face

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 69 of 884

jonsie
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions
Message 70 of 884