Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

British Summer Time 2015

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Just a heads up that BST starts from tomorrow morning (Sunday 29th March at 1am)

I make no apologies for the reminder, as my family still tend to rely on me to inform them! wink

So..in practice clocks go FORWARD an hour...leaving you with an hours less sleep...:smileysad:

* I never wait till 1am... All clocks get changed as I am about to go to bed.......

http://www.timeanddate.com/time/change/uk/london?year=2015

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 44
43 REPLIES 43

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 11 of 44

Anonymous
Not applicable
Don't tell me about Sunday trading laws ha ha slight_smile
Message 12 of 44

Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you for the reminder Cleoriff

I enjoy the lighter evenings too = makes me realise that Spring really has sprung

before I retired I was always very much a 'morning' person = nowadays I'm an 'afternoon' person wink

but Urgh! altering digital clocks using a biro defeats me Grumpy

bless my mum, she didn't alter the clock on her mobile phone last Spring, so it's going to be alright tonight slight_smile

Message 13 of 44

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I see the birds are also fluttering across the garden from tree to tree....obviously feeding their chicks. (and my three cats staring up at said trees.....watching and waiting)....:smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 44

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

The birds around here are too busy sheltering from the torrential rain we are having to worry about cats. Wonder where the expression raining cats and dogs came from?

No self-respecting cat or dog ventures out in this weather!

Mind you the pub is nice and dry with a roaring log fire. Icoud be here for quite some time Cheers

Message 15 of 44

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Wonder where the expression raining cats and dogs came from?

This is the best explanation I have seen @jonsie :

"We do know that the phrase was in use in a modified form in 1653, when Richard Brome's comedy The City Wit or The Woman Wears the Breeches referred to stormy weather with the line:

"It shall raine... Dogs and Polecats"."  (http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/raining%20cats%20and%20dogs.html )

My favourite is: Cats and dogs” may come from the Greek expression cata doxa, which means “contrary to experience or belief.”

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 16 of 44

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@perksie wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

Wonder where the expression raining cats and dogs came from?

This is the best explanation I have seen @jonsie :

"We do know that the phrase was in use in a modified form in 1653, when Richard Brome's comedy The City Wit or The Woman Wears the Breeches referred to stormy weather with the line:

"It shall raine... Dogs and Polecats"."  (http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/raining%20cats%20and%20dogs.html)

My favourite is: Cats and dogs” may come from the Greek expression cata doxa, which means “contrary to experience or belief.”

Either way I'd love to see it....LOL

Message 17 of 44

Anonymous
Not applicable

it's stopped raining here in Skipton & the wind has died down = phew!

just come in from having a blow in the air, having had a pot of Yorkshire Tea & a toasted teacake with real butter in my favourite cafe = Taste (well 2nd home really) & loving watching the world go by through the big picture window whilst sitting on a comfortable stool/chair

I can hear the birds twittering as I type

cat brought me 2 presents inside 24 hours = little shrews with not a mark on them ..... yep, my cat Marty is a hunter, but I feed him well Cat Very Happy you just get used to it = doesn't mean you don't like the lovely sweet gimlet-eyed shrews - sometimes Marty drops them in front of me & they are well alive, then it's a rescue mission = one in which I'm well drilled in & generally successful :womanvery-happy:

looking forward to the extra evening hours daylight tomorrow slight_smile

Message 18 of 44

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Much better when the captures are brought in alive. Smiley LOL

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 19 of 44

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Of course for us F1 fans.....with tomorrow's race being in Malaysia...not only do we lose an hours sleep...we are up at some ungodly hour to watch it... if you dont want to see grid Top 3... do not look under the spoiler wink

More info
Hamilton(of course) Vettel, Rosberg

Wahey.....Mexican Wave

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 20 of 44