cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Smart talk apps.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, all you brainy people; does anyone know anything about logging in to the smart talk app on a mobile?

I tried, using my password that I have for BT. It was fiddly going back and forth for letters and numbers, but I finally clicked the log in, only to be told the details were wrong.

Then I went into my BT page, and as my password is remembered for me(nobody else uses my p.c.) I simply clicked and i got in. I spent ages on their chat line, after first explaining the problem; after waiting, then being transferrred to another person, he said that department couldn't help as it was only for broadband!!!

I said it wasn't his fault, the person who first read my problem should have told me at the start, and saved us both time and trouble. Feeling peeved, I added that as usual, the ones on the shop floor know what they're doing, but the ones above don't.

I suppose I will have to change my password to something simple and try again.Cat Frustrated

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

It does sound as if you have the password not entered correctly, is it possible your phone is adding spaces at all, especially at the beginning.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks for the suggestion, Perksie, I think I will change it. it is possible I exchanged an O for a 0 (zero) or a 1 for an l. Sometimes, putting numbers in with letters can be confusing.

There's a huge difference in the size of a p.c. screen and the one on my Galaxy, and having to change from letters to numbers took forever, plus i must have pressed a wrong button and instead of going back to the password page, it went back to the beginning.

I suppose I would have to log in every time I decided to use the Smart Talk option. Oh well, another learning curve, though I think of it as another hill to climb. Talk about seeing light at the end of the tunnel!!!

Immey

Message 3 of 7

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Most apps have a tick box so the phone will remember the password for you.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I downloaded this app to check it out and promptly deleted it.

Matter of choice as id rather not run up my Bt Bill !

Did you get your app working ok ?

Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

I thought the Smart Talk was supposed to save money on certain calls, so if the call is cheaper than it would be on the ordinary landline, how would it increse the BT bills?

If there's a catch, I would have to re-think trying it out. I don't make that many calls to the numbers that are included, so i haven't had another go at using it.

Immey

Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

When you get to your BT account, go to forgot password and change it for something else that you can remember and then log into the smart talk with that new password.

I have found it useful when I have run out of my minutes every month and when calling landlines (which I do mostly) I can do so for free from this app as it also comes from my free useage at home.

This also is a gift for me as TuGo isn't supported for my phone (Cough, Cough O2!!) so when i'm abroad I can use Wifi and call home for free.

Message 7 of 7