cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are you all happy on what are mp did yesterday?

Luke30
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 389 Posts
  • 131 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Are you all happy on what are mp did yesterday if not what is your saying about it all?
LGreenwood
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
@pgn

I voted to remain, but it would really kill democracy if the result of the referendum was overturned.

We’ve made our bed, and we’ve got to lie in it.
Message 11 of 21

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37205 Posts
  • 238 Topics
  • 1697 Solutions

They're having a good go at killing democracy all by themselves, if you ask me, @Anonymous. 

It is possible that the bed we have is the wrong type of bed, or the wrong mattress... Worth trying to fix the bed than learning how to sleep standing up.

Message 12 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

The problem is that most MPs in Parliament are remainers, who have never accepted the result of the referendum. They’ve spent the last three years trying to delay and frustrate the Brexit process, because they don’t want it to happen.

They don’t want the only deal that the EU is prepared to offer, and yet they want to pass legislation to make it impossible to leave without a deal. In other words, they just want to revoke Article 50, and remain in the EU.

Why can’t they be honest about their intentions, instead of treating us like idiots?

Message 13 of 21

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 124127 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

@pgn wrote:

They're having a good go at killing democracy all by themselves, if you ask me, @Anonymous. 

It is possible that the bed we have is the wrong type of bed, or the wrong mattress... Worth trying to fix the bed than learning how to sleep standing up.

Totally agree with this. The protests yesterday were about killing democracy and this move is simply that.

Whatever the people wanted three years ago (and I voted to remain) they are turning the whole process into a comedy of errors.

I would also state with some degree of certainty, that many of those who voted to leave would change their mind in a heartbeat had they known they would be left in the middle of a fiasco of catastrophic proportions. Not one of us expected this.

As each day goes by there are further implications about leaving, which people had no idea about in 2016.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think this journalist explains it better than I could:

https://twitter.com/Ella_M_Whelan/status/1167432399065665536?s=20

Message 15 of 21

Cleoriff
  • 124127 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

The only problem with articles like this are that people speak from their own position, ie Remain or Leave. They may give an extremely articulate viewpoint....but from their side of the fence.

Remainers could be just as articulate if interviewed

The comments interest me more. Shows such a divide between the British people. I notice the term Remoaners, Selfish idiots, mentally unwell.  One interesting (true comment). Those who voted to leave, did not vote for a no deal leave.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 21

pgn
  • 37205 Posts
  • 238 Topics
  • 1697 Solutions
Interesting points, @Cleoriff and @Anonymous.

Take 20 people who voted "Leave", and ask them what one thing they thought voting to Leave meant...

I'd bet you'd get 20 different answers: "less immigration, better health services, more fishing rights, better pay, more equitable living costs,..." and so on. You *would* get 20 different answers!

Not one of those people would say that they thought it meant what is *actually* happening right now.

This is what I saw earlier this morning that I think encapsulates what voting Leave, in hindsight, really meant:

A vote to Leave was a vote to be "...knowingly misled by unprincipled men with ulterior motives."

How have things been allowed to sink this low?
Message 17 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
More info

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

The only problem with articles like this are that people speak from their own position, ie Remain or Leave. They may give an extremely articulate viewpoint....but from their side of the fence.

Remainers could be just as articulate if interviewed

The comments interest me more. Shows such a divide between the British people. I notice the term Remoaners, Selfish idiots, mentally unwell.  One interesting (true comment). Those who voted to leave, did not vote for a no deal leave.

It’s possible to vote remain (as I did), and still be appalled by the fact that some Remain politicians aren’t representing their constituents. I have genuine concerns about the economy if we do crash out without a deal, but it won’t be my fault if that happens.

But we have to leave the EU one way or the other, because that’s what people voted for.

Message 18 of 21

Cleoriff
  • 124127 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

Add to the reason(s) you gave for those people who wanted to remain, there is another one @pgn 

Some of our older citizens were under the the misguided impression that if we left 'we could go back to how things were before'.

When I told them that would never ever happen, we had some really 'angry' discussions. I told them the socio-economic climate had changed radically since we joined all those years ago.

Anyway, I'm fed up of it all now.....so will move on to something else rolling_eyes LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 19 of 21

pgn
  • 37205 Posts
  • 238 Topics
  • 1697 Solutions

Wise. Enough sleep lost on this, and now for something completely different...

Message 20 of 21