MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

Summer on the commuity-3.png

Stay cool this summer…..

How to keep your cool when all around are getting hot and sweaty sun

1 – Sun is at its hottest from around midday to 4.00pm so avoid going out during those times if possible. If you must be outside, try to find shade and make sure you dress appropriately with loose cotton clothing. Wear a hat and sunglasses to protect your eyes from UV rays.

Best sunglasses to wear with a hat | Rx Prescription Safety Glasses

2 – Keep hydrated. Drink lots of water or other cold drinks (fruit smoothies are good) but avoid coffee and alcohol as this will dehydrate you.

3 – Ice lollies 😊 Just like when you were a kid, ice lollies are great for keeping you cool as an adult. Make your own and freeze some fruit in them.

Recipe Time: Protein Ice Lollies – Neat Nutrition

4 – Ice packs on the back of your neck or other pressure points will cool you down. Sticking your feet in a bowl of cold water is a wonderful way to cool your body too.

5 – Keep all windows and doors shut and curtains drawn from early morning as this will keep your home interior temperature lower.

6 – Freeze your bed sheets (cotton of course). Place in freezer for an hour before bedtime or scatter ice blocks around your bed. Remember to cool your pillow too.

7 – Don’t forget your sun cream if going out to help prevent sunburn.

8 – Take exercise in the early morning when it’s cooler.

At the Edge of the Wall: Too Hot for running...

9 – Fans can circulate air around your home but it’s usually hot air, so place a frozen bottle of water in front of the fan which will cool the air as it passes over it.

10 – Eat a salad or other cold foods rather that a hot meal.

Baamboozle - Food and quantities

So, there’s 10 tips from me. What ideas have you got to stay cool?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

@MI5 Great tips and I used the frozen bottle in front of the fan one last night. thumbsup Also something I've done when it's super hot in my flat is pour cold water over bedsheets and the duvet cover (take out the duvet itself from the cover) and aim the fan directly at them when sleeping. snowflake 

Message 11 of 12

LukasB
  • 1791 Posts
  • 177 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

@MI5 freezing my sheets right now! Such a good idea!

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 12 of 12