Priority Music Highlights - 15th February Onwards

RafaC
Former Staff
  • 1774 Posts
  • 157 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Hi everyone!

Let's check out the artists featured on the O2 Priority website this week 🎸

First, let's start with Ziggy Marley. He's been taking his father's legacy forward by putting up a show full of well executed covers of Bob Marley & The Wailers tunes. For those of us who are reggae fans, I bet that seeing him live will be a night that you will never forget!

Here's him playing two of this father's classics, and I've selected this video especially for the first one, since we currently find ourselves on the community's LO2VE Week:

If you want to listen to the GRAMMY-winning Ziggy's originals you can check Apple Music's Essential playlist of his songs.

Ziggy Marley is going to perform with his band at the O2 Academy in Brixton, London on the 26 of June 2022. Tickets are going to be available tomorrow. 

The next highlight of this week goes to the Welsh (I'm sure that @lewys-gp will like that fact that I've mentioned that) singer Tom Jones. Everybody has heard at least a handful of hits by the legendary R&B singer but I can't get enough of this one:

As I grew up watching loads of The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air episodes I can't help but think about Carlton Banks when I hear this tune. 🤣 To listen to more magnificent tunes (including a superb Bond-theme) by this incredible artist, Apple Music has curated an excellent playlist

Tickets  for his gig at the The Pitchcroft in Worcester are going to be available tomorrow.

The third highlight of the week goes to the Australian singer Natalie Imbruglia. She's been recently seen winning the 2022 edition of the ITV program The Masked Singer dressed as a "Panda" 🐼. Previously she's also been spotted as an actress on the Australian soap opera Neighbours. But since I grew up during the '90s, I will always remember her for this excellent tune:

By the way, did you know that it is in fact a cover? The original version is by a relatively unknown Californian band called Ednaswap.

You can listen to a curated playlist of her tunes here

Tickets for her upcoming October UK tour are going to be available tomorrow.

As there are some many options of shows on Priority, and artists from so many different genres, it's actually very hard to pick just three of them to highlight here on the community. Hope that you guys have discovered or rediscovered an artist or band; or have found out about the gig of an artist you already love in this post! Please leave your comment if you enjoyed any of the songs shared above slight_smile

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

lewys-gp
Former Staff
  • 921 Posts
  • 89 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Tom Jones is the Welsh GOAT 🐐😂@RafaC! Totally forgot about that Fresh Prince scene, hahaha.

Community Manager for the O2 Community 🙂
Message 2 of 5

RafaC
Former Staff
  • 1774 Posts
  • 157 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

A well deserved title 🐐 @lewys-gp 😁

The Carlton Banks' thing doesn't stop there though:

Message 3 of 5

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

Tom Jones is an absolute legend. Still a judge on The Voice. Occasionally gets up and belts out a tune.

Because this came out in my era, (1967, the year I got married) it remains one of my favourite tunes

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 5

RafaC
Former Staff
  • 1774 Posts
  • 157 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

@Cleoriff agreed: he's an absolute legend. Forgot that he's still a judge on The Voice, thanks for mentioning it 🙂 What a beautiful tune you've shared by the way 🎶😊

I guess this one is my favourite of his. Makes me wanna put on my dancing shoes immediately 🕺 :

Message 5 of 5