cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Week 3 and counting without a phone number...

McGez13
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I called O2 on 2nd December to cancel my phone contract. I was cut off almost immediately from any 'my O2 help'.

I haven't been able to use my phone for calls or texts for 3 weeks now. I called on 16th and 31st December and was told you had started the unlatch process so I can use my new SIM in my old phone.

This still hasn't been sent. I've explicitly spelled out my email address on 2 calls, so don't know where these unlatch codes are being sent.

I'm now paying for a phone contract I can't use, and am unable to contact anyone unless it's on my partner's phone. So I'm cut off from everyone on weekdays during the day.

If you're telling me the process has to be restarted again, that'll be a month without a phone.

Can someone actually help me with this? Feeling fobbed off and irritated with the lack of help and amount of time wasted on hold, with nothing getting resolved.

It feels like I've had faultless service from O2 until this point, it's left a bad taste for sure...

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92912 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

We’re just customers like you but it sounds like you’ll need someone to access your account which can’t be done from here. If you message O2 using the links below, they should be able to help you with this

Message 2 of 5

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9983 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@McGez13 

What exactly are you needing an unlatching code for?  As o2 phones haven't needed one for a good few years

Daft questions I know but:

What phone do you have?

Have you tried to put your new sim card in the phone? 

What is the error you get when using the new sim card?

Have you checked your spam folder or junk mail folders? 

Have you tried this form? Unlocking an O2 mobile to use on a different network | Help & Support | O2

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 5

McGez13
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I have an Samsung Galaxy S10 (probably should've mentioned that in my original message).

When I put the new SIM in, there's a message at the top of my home screen saying "emergency calls only", and when I make a call I get "not registered on network".

New network have said there are no problems on their end so advised my S10 is locked to O2, even though my contract ended in early Dec and all outstanding balances have been paid.

Message 4 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@McGez13 

Your phone would not be locked to O2.

You need to try the sim in another phone as it would appear to be not activated.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 5