Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My bill has gone up significantly for air time and a discount removed

RichardMc
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi my bill has gone up significantly and a discount has been removed, all without any notification or consultation. I have also tried to contact a person as no web chat available but the automated system has hung up. Please contact me within 24 to discuss and amend this it I will be forced to cancel my DD and move to another supplier. Many thanks, Richard
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145114 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27833 Solutions

@RichardMc 

Discounts end automatically now when your contract reaches it's minimum term.

Ypu'll need to reapply after upgrading.

No one will call you from here as we are customers like yourself.

Contact numbers for O2 here Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

I would also advise against cancelling your DD until you've paid your final bill.

Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 2 of 7

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10295 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3025 Solutions
@RichardMc

Webchat is available however it only shows when / if an agent is available, and going to https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

as @MI5 said all discounts are removed at an expiration date, usually at the end of your minimum term, you could have noticed this by looking in myO2 they expiry dates are very obvious.

Also i would strongly advise against cancelling your Direct Debit as o2 will chase you for the debt, and will have no hesitation as to register a default against you.
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 7

RichardMc
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks thats helpful - I will wait for web chat to re appear. Automated phone options frustrating and you can’t through unless you want to upgrade (spend more!) or it’s an emergency. Thanks
Message 4 of 7

MI5
  • 145114 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27833 Solutions

@RichardMc 

Just say fraud and you will be connected.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 5 of 7

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10802 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 349 Solutions
Hi @RichardMc
Good advices, don't cancel DD it will seriously affect your credit rating. Anything owing to you will be returned eventually! Keep steady stay patient, these are difficult times, short staffed with covid-19 everywhere, all trying best.
Welcome to the o2 community forum best wishes TallTrees 😊

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 6 of 7

MI5
  • 145114 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27833 Solutions

Any luck @RichardMc ?

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 7 of 7