cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get to the 'Download Bill' page?

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11965 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1119 Solutions

If you want/need to, it is possible to download your bills - either so you have a record, or in case you need to send them off for any reason (such as claiming a cash back offer).

However, there are a number of steps/screens to go through in order to get there. While this may seem straight forward, on a fairly regular basis there are questions about downloading a bill.

The first page you will encounter is the Myo2 home page, which asks what type of account you have (pay monthly or pay as you go). Once you choose, the page then asks for your username (normally your email address) and password that you set up when you signed the contract.

If you want the site to remember your details (not advisable if you use a shared computer) then tick the "remember me" button, otherwise enter your details and click "sign in".

sign in.jpg

The next page you see is your home page, which will list all of the services you have (current phone number/phone make and model), any closing bills (on mine at least) plus if you have registered for o2 WiFi.

There will also be a link to update your details (click on your name on the right).

(I have edited out some of my details in case you wondered...)

landing page.jpg

If you click on either your number or device it will load the correct page - as I only have one account with o2 it loads that one.

my device.jpg

This will show details about your last bill (total amount and date) as well as a link to view the most recent and previous bills.

To the right of this are details of your tariff (how much it is, what it is called) and then how much you have left.

As my calls/text are unlimited, it only shows how much data I have left from my monthly amount.

Further down the page there is also more details about the device currently registered to your account (IMEI and PUK code).

If you click the link to view your tariff and usage, you will see the page below.

This area can be used to check your usage and charges since your last bill - so if you are keeping track of your monthly spend here is where you would do it. (Useful if you have recently been abroad and want to see how much you will be charged, or if you think you have recently clicked on a link by mistake.)

Underneath that is a link to show more details about your tariff, change it if you want and add a bolt on if you want to - the next image shows the information available here.

allowances top.jpg

allowances bottom.jpg

From the previous page, if you click the link to view your latest bill, the next screen shows a summary of the bill.

bill top.jpg

bill bottom.jpg

This screen also shows how much of your bill is VAT (more on this later).

Right at the bottom is the link to download your bill for saving or printing.

Clicking this takes you to another page where you can do so (rather than just downloading it) as you can also choose if you want your last bill or one older.

download home.jpg

The page loads with the most recent bill shown. If this is the one you are after then just click the link to download, otherwise you will need to choose which one you want using the previous bills link.

(As my last bill is the first one for my new account, I only have one I can show.)

Once you click the download PDF bill link, the bill currently displayed will show as an item that you can choose to save.

Rather bizarrely, even though VAT is shown on the bill it also states this is not a VAT invoice probably because it is a personal account and not a business one, and also becaure o2's VAT number is not on here.

download bill.jpg

Hope that helps anyone who gets stuck.

36 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

yes that page is what it used to look like but now my name nor th o2 logo or account number shows i have asked to go back to a sent paper invoice to which i was disconnected

gmarkj
  • 11965 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1119 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous.

What browser are you using?

Microsoft Edge doesn't work properly, so we would suggest using Internet Explorer or Chrome.

Do your details show correctly in your account when you first log in?

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35061 Posts
  • 222 Topics
  • 1557 Solutions

@gmarkj A "VAT invoice" has to be requested via 202, and the "VAT" section on the screenshot you show changes to read "VAT invoice", with the first page of the PDF behind it stating the relevant details to satisfy the accountants' requirements for said document

I'll see if I can put a link to my post here for ref, it adds to your well-crafted document. 

VAT invoice

20**Personal info** 20_47_25-O2.png

gmarkj
  • 11965 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1119 Solutions

Thanks for the update @pgn

As someone who has never needed to get VAT accreditation added to my bills it is interesting to see the difference.

Does it continue on until the contract ends or do you need to request a VAT copy each time?

pgn
  • 35061 Posts
  • 222 Topics
  • 1557 Solutions

@gmarkj

Once you get it switched on, it remains for the duration until you get your next contract. Then you have to  ring them and get it switched on again.

O2 Refresh muddies the water a bit, as the Device Plan is a Credit Agreement, and VAT invoices are not offered (as far as I can tell) for that.  But it should be possible to get the VAT invoice switched on again for the AirTime Plan component, I have recently asked for that to be re-enabled on my mine - hopefully, my bill on 01-Nov will once again be a VAT invoice, complete with O2's VAT number, company address and, on the first page, the "This is a VAT invoice. Keep it for your records" line.

pgn
  • 35061 Posts
  • 222 Topics
  • 1557 Solutions

And the "bill" looks different from your regular sample when VAT invoice option is enabled, @gmarkj

Screenshot_20171012-210904_01_01.jpg

pgn
  • 35061 Posts
  • 222 Topics
  • 1557 Solutions

Suffice it to say, my November Airtime bill is still a standard, "This is not a VAT invoice" bill.

So I had a webchat with a CS rep, who after promising to e-mail me what I want within 24 hours (nothing yet since my chat on 01-Nov) and after saying "I could always contact them to request a VAT Invoice", he eventually dug around and said he had enabled VAT Invoicing on my account.

We shall see... but @Martin-O2@MercedesS@Marjo - can you take this feedback back to O2, please?

Quote:

• What use is it if I have, on the advice of O2's own CS Reps, to contact them every time a want a VAT Invoice for my Airtime plan?
  • Despite asking at least 4 times, and being reassured each time that "the next bill will be a VAT Invoice", I have had to call again (online chat this time) to ask to have VAT Invoices switched on for my MyO2 account.
  • Let's see if my 11th bill since upgrading in January-2017, due on 01-December-2017, is a "VAT Invoice".

EndQuote.

Thanks, I had to share that with someone rage

MercedesS
Former Staff
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Hello @pgn, Feedback added and PM sent. 

As you know, VAT invoices are for business. But you can request a VAT invoice to be sent via post monthly by calling customer services for the airtime only, would that work? Trying to help thumbsup

pgn
  • 35061 Posts
  • 222 Topics
  • 1557 Solutions

Hi MercedesS,

Any time a bill is submitted to a company for expense reimbursement purposes, the company is entitled to ask for a bona-fide VAT Invoice. 

Why should I have to change my Personal phone to a Business phone?

Do I have to get 2 phones?

What happened to "the customer is right"?

I was on a business tariff  with O2 once, it proved equally problematic, as the O2 Business Billing system was really quite unreliable a few years back.

Just askin... Handshake

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143193 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27460 Solutions
Why is it so difficult for O2 to just add their VAT number to the invoice?
jonsie
  • 92814 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6909 Solutions

Also, ALL contract customers should be on vat bills now. I've had them for 4 years or more, never required or requested them and we were told by a couple of members that they were switching vat bills on for everyone. 

When I was in business, anyone charging vat had to legally produce a vat invoice and a vat number. 

Maybe it's changed now but I don't like the get out in the small print about not supplying it unless requested. 

Is that really legal? I can understand the device plan and the rider there but customers are entitled to a vat bill for their contract without having to phone up every month. For some customers it's vital that they can download it as soon as it's produced. 

MI5
  • 143193 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27460 Solutions
It just seems that they want to make everything as difficult as possible!
pgn
  • 35061 Posts
  • 222 Topics
  • 1557 Solutions

@MI5 It kinda looks that way, now you come to mention it. Bang

MercedesS
Former Staff
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Hello guys,

Of course, you don't have to change your personal account to a business one! We have asked you because, if you need a proper VAT invoice every month, normally the reason is that "you are a business" wink

Using @MI5 quote:

@MI5 wrote:

This is a statement made previously by O2 on the subject:

We don’t issue a VAT invoice on the device plans every month, the Refresh agreement is a credit agreement and unless it’s a business account we are not obliged to produce monthly VAT invoices.

Customer services can complete a form to send out a device plan VAT invoice for a specific month but this needs to be requested by the customer each time they need it and will be sent via post.

A regular VAT invoice can be turned on by calling customer services for the airtime only, once the service is on the account the customer should then get the VAT invoice sent to them via post monthly.

As you already know, whenever you want our help @pgn let us know.

And thanks a lot for all the feedback! thumbsup

s_rogan
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Sorry 

but I need help to get an itemised bill for April, can't get it done myself.

Thanks

gmarkj
  • 11965 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1119 Solutions

If your bill has not been produced yet then you won't be able to get the bill.

You might be able to see your recent charges from the menu on the left in the screen shot above.

Paul120
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks very much indeed for posting this, it worked well from logging in on the website to My O2.

Jim22
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi

Can you do a video on how to download details of "what i have used" on previous bills?  I used to be able to do this but something appears to have changed.

Can you help?

Thanks Jim

Compo
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm looking for my old bills - only a few months ago but they have all gone from my O2 page

Tried using the previous answers on here but there is no link to the old bills on my page - just the current one.

Website search just goes round in circles & nobody on the phone as usual these days 😠

gmarkj
  • 11965 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1119 Solutions

There is a problem with the billing platform at the minute @Compo 

o2 are aware of the problem and are working on a fix we are told...

IC
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for your help 

nickgasforce
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks all, its working now.  I just couldn't access anything at all yesterday.  My business partners bills were working fine, following the normal route that someone suggested above, but I just couldn't access anything.  Must have been a glitch on my account.

rky_com
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 30 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Looks like O2 is keeping pdf of bills in secret (just kidding) 

by the way many users are using o2 app not web so follow above steps are little difficult for mobile user due to responsive nature of website, we can use chrome on mobile and select request desktop site and then can follow above steps.

Easier would be O2 should ask their developer to enable CTA in O2 app as downlod bill CTA and make an API call to the way website is using, via API call that PDF will get downloaded using my O2 app, I can help if you have further questions 

pgn
  • 35061 Posts
  • 222 Topics
  • 1557 Solutions

As you may have gathered, @rky_com, getting O2's platform developer(s) to change anything sensibly takes at least 3 acts of parliament (easy enough these days, it seems!) and an act of God - nice thought, though! 😆

Liz121
  • 18 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi still can’t find my reward and if it’s been applied As usual can’t get an answer from o2 Just rings and rings

pgn
  • 35061 Posts
  • 222 Topics
  • 1557 Solutions

@Liz121 - if this relates to the Community Rewards: July 2023, 2 things of note:

1. the rewards lately have been being batched into 3 or sometimes 4-month batches before being credited to your account, and

2. If you follow the instructions above, you should get to the part of the billing system that shows Recent Charges, as below (3 rows down from the splodgy green box on the left) - this is where you will first see your Reward, until it goes onto your bill at the normal bill release date (assuming you are contract):

1000004817.png

Liz121
  • 18 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@pgn Thanks for the pic I’ve finally found this on my account but there’s no mention of any reward. Any more help would be appreciated 

MI5
  • 143193 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27460 Solutions

@Liz121 

Many of us still waiting for rewards from 3 months ago which haven't been applied yet.

If it's not showing you just need to wait like the rest of us I'm afraid.

pgn
  • 35061 Posts
  • 222 Topics
  • 1557 Solutions

@Liz121 as I said above, and reiterated by @MI5:

1. the rewards lately have been being batched into 3 or sometimes 4-month batches before being credited to your account.

You have the PM from the Community Manager confirming your reward, keep it safe - and bide your time 😁

Liz121
  • 18 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Do you get a notification when it has come off your account?

pgn
  • 35061 Posts
  • 222 Topics
  • 1557 Solutions

If on the new 360 system, yes - Community Reward payment comes with an e-mail and an SMS and appears as a negative charge on your bill.

If on legacy system, it goes into Recent Charges as a Goodwill Payment on your current bill, and stays there until used towards your next bill, @Liz121 - hope this helps?

1000007526.png

Liz121
  • 18 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Sorry don’t understand what these are

pgn
  • 35061 Posts
  • 222 Topics
  • 1557 Solutions

@Liz121  -

O2 is in the process of moving all its users from a "Legacy" billing system to a new system, called "System 360".  If you login to your MyO2, you will see things slightly differently depending which of the two systems your account is using. 

The instructions in the Guide above, to Download your Bill (eg to check your payments, or to look for Credits, etc) work on the Legacy system.  I do not have any idea how the process of checking these items is done on the new System 360 yet, as my MyO2 account is still on the older Legacy system.

There is no easy way to check which system your records are on, but I would guess if your MyO2 looks like the screenshot below when you log-in to https://accounts.o2.co.uk/ then you are on the Legacy system. 

pgn_0-1696171202424.png

Does that help a little?

Liz121
  • 18 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you that was very helpful i am also on the legacy system

pgn
  • 35061 Posts
  • 222 Topics
  • 1557 Solutions

A note for those who have recently been moved across to 360 from Legacy billing system:

1000009331.png

Mind you, I cannot see any historical bills, not even this month's bill (or pdf thereof) anyway, so it is probably immaterial. @Dave-O2 - spent all day yesterday trying to get Social Media Team to respond, so I can see where frustrations and tempers start to rise...

Liz121
  • 18 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for that information