Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Discussions and Feedback

Level 2: Apprentice

Re: O2 Openly Scamming Customers

[ Edited ]

Is it not possible to completely disable PayForIt?

I believe it's also possible that mobile networks have the ability to block premium chargeable numbers from your account via reducing or restricting your credit limit with said provider.

Level 16: Talkative

Re: O2 Openly Scamming Customers

@Cellular_Data wrote:

Is it not possible to completely disable PayForIt?

I believe it's also possible that mobile networks have the ability to block premium chargeable numbers from your account via reducing or restricting your credit limit with said provider.

@Cellular_Data 

Generally, charge caps do not include 'Payforit' charges, so they are ineffective against these charges. O2 do allow you to place a "charge to mobile" bar on your account which will work to stop the charges.

Phone payment scam? Need independent advice? Payforit Faq for O2 Customers

Help put a stop to these scams. Join our Facebook Group
Level 2: Apprentice

Re: Lasevia and O2

I understood payforit as a premium rate number reply to charge the phone, my last provider was able to stop outgoing texts to premium 5 digit numbers
Level 16: Talkative

Re: Lasevia and O2

@Cellular_Data wrote:
I understood payforit as a premium rate number reply to charge the phone, my last provider was able to stop outgoing texts to premium 5 digit numbers

@Cellular_Data 

Payforit charges are not premium texts. They are applied directly to your account. Blocking the associated text won't stop the charges but WILL stop you finding out who is charging you. The Payforit texts are usually prefixed "Freemsg:" to indicate that they are not chargeable.

You can block outgoing premium texts, but this has nothing to do with Payforit.

Phone payment scam? Need independent advice? Payforit Faq for O2 Customers

Help put a stop to these scams. Join our Facebook Group