cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

premium txt scam

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have been using o2 broadband for over 1 year. my bill is normally between 30-35euro. This month i got my bill it was 65.44 . I thought it was strange because i didnt do anything different to other months . I went to o2 and they told me i had subscribed to a text service but i know this is false because i never use my laptop texts . They got me unsubscribed so this shouldnt be on the bill next month . I was told to call regtel and tell them i wouldnt pay the premium charge but i cant get through . o2 said the texts came from zamno but i checked the internet and cant find that name but i found one called zamano maybe this is what they meant . I got a message 10 minutes ago from 8007 saying i had unsubscribed this is the first time i got a message from them so how could i be made to pay 28.98 ? When im paying for the bill i am not paying the premium charge so if o2 decide to turn off my internet then i will just get another network .
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93334 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks .
Message 3 of 7

jonsie
  • 93334 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions
It would be as well to email them to find out how you subscribed. I don't think you can blame o2 and I certainly wouldn't advocate you refusing to pay your bill. If o2 pursue your refusal to pay your account it will affect your credit rating and could prevent you signing up with another service provider. Your call though.
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
I know i dont want to risk that. The guy in the o2 shop gave me regtel number and told me to call them and say i wont pay the premium charge and it would be ok but i cant get through . This same thing has happened to my neighbours some have lost their internet but some never had to pay
Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
its ok now haha i got the company charging for the premium messages to send me the cost so i didnt have to not pay o2 .
Message 6 of 7

jonsie
  • 93334 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions
its ok now haha i got the company charging for the premium messages to send me the cost so i didnt have to not pay o2 .

well done, glad to hear these companies will cough up if you pursue them. slight_smile
Message 7 of 7