Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 pay and go data only sim no longer on sale

darrenney02
Level 4: Observant
  • 130 Posts
  • 26 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I see that o2 no longer do pay and go data only sims. Why did they stop offering pay and go data only sims.

I was on a o2 data only sim for £9 a month for 4gb for my iPad Mini 6 but moved to Smarty for £9 a month for 15G data only sim on a 30 day rolling contract back in July.

just wondering why o2 has now stopped pay and go data only sims for tablets/iPads.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149615 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions

Not something that any of us customers would know @darrenney02 

Although we expect a complete closure of O2's PAYG  at some point in the future.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 126113 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7552 Solutions

@darrenney02 

You can still get O2 data only sims from Amazon but they are a hefty price for 30days.

Personally I use a THREE (3) data sim for when I travel in the UK. I take my PC  (or tablet) with me.

Much better value. They don't run out after a month.

Currently I have a 3 24GB sim I use with a Huawei dongle, in the pc. Goes in the sim slot in the tablet.

Bought from Amazon in April. Used it when I went away in May and Sept and it still will be active in November when I go away again.

Lasts up to 12 months

THREE DATA SIM  

This one lasts up to 24 months (same price)

THREE DATA SIM (24 MONTHS) 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 7

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7988 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 1653 Solutions

1000010357.jpg

Yep....An so it begins

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 4 of 7

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38551 Posts
  • 241 Topics
  • 1735 Solutions

And the placement of a 5G plastic SIM in that picture, @Enlli ...? No 5G on PAYG with O2, as we all know 🤦🏼‍♂️

Message 5 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 126113 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7552 Solutions

@pgn wrote:

And the placement of a 5G plastic SIM in that picture, @Enlli ...? No 5G on PAYG with O2, as we all know 🤦🏼‍♂️

Yes, a real misleading adverrt!!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 7

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7988 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 1653 Solutions

Noticed it too. Thought of reporting it then I realised it was imaginary 5G on an imaginary tariff 

But here goes

@Kei-M_O2  another web item that needs sorting

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 7 of 7