cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 complaint still not acknowledged? - over a month later

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'll try to keep this as brief as possible.
Back in April, I found myself receiving an o2 customers correspondence from o2, including phone numbers, addresses and bank details. I made o2 aware of this via the following methods:
- I went in-store twice, showed the salespeople the emails, to be greeted by a non-plussed reply.
- online complaint (never heard back)
- 2 emails sent to complaintsreviewservice@o2.co.uk (no reply)
- Spoken to about 5/6 different CS reps over the phone (hung up on by a manager)
- Twitter was interestingly the quickest reponse (perhaps due to the public nature?), the poor guy here actually took my email address off of the system but I have yet to hear back from him.
So I have now had my email address taken out of this guys account, and *touch wood* I will not receive any more. I cannot fathom how such a simple task took so long to sort out, in the meantime I have amassed around 25 emails from o2 meant for this other customer.
However, I have heard no reply from o2 in explaining the failings in this instance despite asking for further correspondence in each of the dealings I have had with the dozen or so different people I have spoken to.
Is this usual for a company of this size? I have informed the ICO on the matter, but I would appreciate it if o2 were to at least explain themselves in their overall failing in dealing with the matter (barr the Twitter guy!! wink )
Perhaps, once again, publicising this problem may bring it to someones attention faster than I could ever do over the phone/email/twitter/in-store? 😐
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Back in April, I found myself receiving an o2 customers correspondence from o2, including phone numbers, addresses and bank details.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1998/29/contents
If the ICO had a better set of teeth contacting them with the details is a good idea.
But probably better if you contacted the individual concerned who has had his personal data released to you, just to let him know that you are honest and won't be using any of the data.
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah. I actually contacted the guy first but I never heard back from him either.
Like you say, I like to think im an honest person. Its not so much the fact that it happened in the first place; giving details over the phone is often misinterpreted. I'm a business management student and so we've studied corporate behaviour in detail. I would like some feedback on o2s part simply to explain what failures were made, and how they might ensure errors don't happen again. Still, it made for a good example in my finals... wink
Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

I would like some feedback on o2s part simply to explain what failures were made

I know the answer to that.....human error....somebody cocked up badly.
Know something else ?.....the Mods will ***** out "cocked" because it's inflammatory language......that's the way corporate behaviour progresses but you'll learn that once you've qualified and get a job wink
Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
No company will discuss in any detail why an error occurred. The most you can expect is an apology.
You won't get a discussion of internal procedures, that will be dealt with internally or with any regulator.
Also, bear in mind that you are working from an assumption that it's a mistake. There are other possibilities.
Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Also, bear in mind that you are working from an assumption that it's a mistake. There are other possibilities.

The only other non-mistake possibility that I can immediately think of is that the O2 database was hacked and tampered with...I don't think so !
Please enlighten me prking 😐
Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Complaintsreviewservice@o2.co.uk is the wrong email address.
Complaintreviewservice@o2.com is correct. You'd get an automated reply within a few seconds and then usually a letter or a phone call within about 14 days.
Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Complaintsreviewservice@o2.co.uk is the wrong email address.
Complaintreviewservice@o2.com is correct. You'd get an automated reply within a few seconds and then usually a letter or a phone call within about 14 days.

Sorry that was my mistake. I did use the correct email, as I received the auto response. Unfortunately for me, that was it! I haven't received an apology yet. In the mean time, I'm telling as many people as I can about it. I'm not usually a bitter person, but I've been messed about far too much over this issue to care any more! :robotmad:
Message 8 of 8