cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no more unlimited internet :(

Anonymous
Not applicable
i have a iphone 3g. been holding out getting the iphone 4 as i did not want to let go of my unlimited internet. i thought if i didnt get an upgrade i could keep hold of my existing tarrif which has unlimited internet. im on the £45 pound tarrif. my contract expired last month, but was thinking of keeping the existing tarrif and not upgrading and possibly just buying the iphone 4 on pay as you go and transferring the sim.
however, today i get told that even my existing tarrif will now change and that a cap on my internet will be 750meg! the girl on the phone from o2 could not stop laughing when she looked at my internet usage of just over 4gig this month. im only 1.5 weeks into my billing date month. she was in hysterical lol. i did tell her that it was a one off downloading spree were i downloaded 3 large apps (tom tom, street fighter and fifa 11).
anyhow, is this true? is it legal? in the past; if you did not upgrade - you just continued as you were with your existing tarrif. can o2 change my tarrif to cap my internet even if i do not go for an upgrade? am i going to be capped regardless and so go and get the upgrade to an iphone 4 anyway?
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 94055 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions
We are way overdue for an official response!
Hopefully pressure is being applied to an official source.
Message 11 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
i my contract expired last month

Answer to your question, your new contract will have the new terms and conditions as your existing one expired.
Message 12 of 18

jonsie
  • 94055 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions
That's the whole point. Although his contract has run the minimum term, his contract rolls over to a monthly term and stays that way until he changes tariff or upgrades and from all the information that is available, he stays as a legacy customer with the terms remaining the same unless O2 make an official statement to the contrary.
Message 13 of 18

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=53539
I have tracked down official info in the support pages
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 14 of 18

jonsie
  • 94055 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions
Nice one Adam. Let's hope that now O2 have confirmed that we were correct in our advice, people will stop worrying. They just need to check when they took out their present contract and tariff. This information can be found in My O2.
Message 15 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Folks, let me put it like this...
Stop worry.
I use to be on the Unlimited data plan my self, my contract expired on the 14th of July this year.
I have since then used approx 136 GB of data (tether through iPhone, down loading movies every night).
Since the 14th of July 2010 I have not heared a pip from O2 in regards to this...
They told me I was to be "capted" at 750mb data use? Yeah right.
The only thing they will do (if they find out what you doing on your phone amongst the rest of the 10.000.000 other users) is slow your internet down.
IF THEY CATCH YOU...
So stop worry about it and keep surfing.
"Silver Surfer"
Message 16 of 18

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
care to show proof i.e. screen prints from myo2 etc
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 17 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Here is what myo2 say...
My allowancesWhat you've used and what you have left.
MinutesMessagesDataMy inclusive allowance summary Minutes Available this period Used so far Remaining this period
Anytime, any network* 1,200:00 326:32 873:28
* More details
Please note: UK calls usually appear within 12 hours, it may take longer for calls whilst abroad. You won't see any unlimited allowances shown here.
View details of inclusive allowanceMy inclusive allowance summary No inclusive allowance available. Unlimited allowance or standard text Bolt Ons you have may cover your message usage.
* More details
Please note: UK messages usually appear within 12 hours, it may take longer for messages sent whilst abroad. You won't see any unlimited allowances shown here.
View details of inclusive allowanceYou have 750MB UK data on your account.

As of 19:04 on 07 December 2010
You've used this month 7.13GB

What types of data are included?
Could not do a "screen shot"...
Message 18 of 18