cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mobile phone repair

Anonymous
Not applicable
what a JOKE O2 is i have been with them now for nearly 10 years and changed from o2 simplicity to another contract where u get a free phone but baring in mind as i wanted the sony ericcson xperia i had to pay a charge of £45 so i did felt quite happy about it until i have had the phone for just over 2 months and the touch screen dont work it freezes it turns itself off it vibrates wen txting constantley its just a joke so anyway i rang o2 to tell them about this and they said no sorry cant change it get it booked in at the store and they can see if they can repair it and their basically maybe some charges so i enquired about a temp phone whilst my phone is in for repair and she said yea we can lend u a phone for a charge off £25 so i am just guna live with the problems off a phone they have sold me which is just over 2 months old and is faulty and they cant even be bothered to help so if your thinkin off JOININ O2 DONT bother join 3 they are beta i neva thought id say that but o2 standards have DROPPED DRAMATICALLY my contract dont end until 7th july 2012 so av a faulty phone to live wiv for just under 2 years but when that contract is up i will never be upgrading or rejoinin o2 and i will be takin alot off friends and family members with me that i have recommended to o2 SO REMEMBER DO NOT JOIN O2 THEIR NOT ALL THEIR CRACKED UP TO BE JUST SELL YOU FAULTY PHONES..............
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
I tried, I really tried. But its impossible to read that without getting eye strain. No punctuation and no paragraphs.
I think your complaint is that your phone has gone wrong and you are unhappy that they will only replace it. Is that right?
What is it you want? Do you want them to swap the phone?
Message 2 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
I think OPs issue is that he has signed a 24 month contract, upgrading from simplicity, to get a free Xperia handset of some kind.
The phone appears to have developed a fault after only two months into the contract. He has contacted O2 and they have told him to take it into a store and book it in for repair. At the same time they have offered him a loan phone at a cost of £25.
elaine - The person you spoke to is only following procedure. If you have a faulty handset O2 practice is to send the phone for repair and that process is done through the store. As far as I am aware they are under no obligation to lend you a phone, it is just best efforts. At £25 you could probably buy a PAYG phone and put your SIM in it.
Having said that, I think it is a little harsh to put you through that after only two months but that is only my opinion. If you want to make a complaint look here http://tiny.cc/vr9f5
Message 3 of 14

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 94023 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions
I don't see the problem. O2 have offered to repair the phone and you have the option of a temporary replacement phone for £25.
I believe the loan fee is a deposit which will be returned to you once you have picked up your repaired phone. O2 are fulfilling their obligations.
If you don't want the loan phone, then borrow one from a friend or buy a cheap phone from Asda or Tesco for around £10.
In conclusion, why do you think you have to live with the faulty phone for the remainder of your contract? It's under warranty, get it repaired or are you only interested in O2 swapping the phone for you? That won't happen until the phone has been repaired 3 times.
Message 4 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
I AM A SHE NOT A HE OFF COURSE I WANT A NEW PHONE IF YOU GO TO COMET OR SOMEWHERE AND BUY AN ELECTRICAL ITEM IS FAULTY IT GETS REPLACED IF LESS THAN 6 MONTHS OLD
BUT O NO NOT WITH O2 NO HELP WOT SO EVA
ITS NOT HARD TO READ MAYBE SHUD GO TO SPECSAVERS??????????
Message 5 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
WHY SHUD I BUY A CHEAP TEMP PHONE FROM ASDA OR TESCO OR A TEMP FEE OFF £25 I PAY LIKE £50 A MONTH FOR THE CONTRACT THEY SHUD REPAIR IT AND LEND A CHEAP CRAPPY PHONE FOR NOTHIN WHY DO THEY NEED A DEPOSIT THEY ALREADY AV ALL MY BANK DETAILS ETC WOT MORE DO THEY WNT BLOOD THEY JUST SELL YOU FAULTY SH*T AND TAKE YOUR MONEY
I HOPE THEY GO BUST
Message 6 of 14

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
Last time I had a sony ericsson we first sent to o2 and that was a joke and next time we sent to sony ericsson direct and great service.
There are many complaint about the o2 repair service that is why I always will now talk to the relevant manufactures direct before using the o2 repair service(or go to apple store in my case).
But as others have said o2 are following procedures that have been in place a long time.
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 7 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
nice one cheers adam will give that a go an see if i can get anywhere
cheers
Message 8 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Elaine, using CAPS is the equivalent of shouting on the internet. WE ARE TRYING TO HELP YOU!
As per your comparison, if you buy an electrical item at comet and it goes faulty, comet will only replace it within 28 days. After that, it is down to the manufacturer to sort it out. Some stores *may* bend over backwards with this but that is down to store/manager discretion. As already mentioned the £25 for the loan phone is refunded back when you are given your repaired phone back. O2 do have a repair service but all electricals in the UK come with at least a 1yr manufacturers warranty - you should always use them outside the 28 days and inside the year, as they are often quicker and it cuts out the middle man.
Finally, as per your closing comment in your 1st post... O2 didn't sell you a faulty phone. They sold you a fully working phone that developed a manufacturer fault 2 months later. How is that O2's fault? They are offering you their own repair service for 'convenience' to the customer. O2 are doing what they should and fulfilling all obligations - your main problem seems to be that O2 won't replace the phone and that you need to spend £25 for the loan phone... Standard practice is to repair, and most others are like this too so it's not an "o2 thing". And they don't have to offer you a loan phone, but they are giving you an option which you can say yes or no to.
Message 9 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
I think some of you need to read and understand the Sale of Goods Act which may also apply to O2.
Some retailers may sometimes "try it on" knowing that consumers don't know their rights.
http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/ ... ur-rights/
Message 10 of 14