cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is o2 trying to con us

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have recieved a letter saying that will will now be charged for late payments.

Now let me set this up so its understandable.

o2 have mucked about with my direct debits so much now that both i and my bank refuse to allow them to use this service on my account.

I have been paying by card for the past year but for the last 2 weeks have been unable to make a payment this way through the website. When ever i try to phone to make the payment (daily), i am told there is over a 50 minute wait time so am unable to pay through the phone.

I am now starting to wonder if this is a deliberate attempt to actually con more money out of me?

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

PhoneChanger
Level 30: Meditator
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
@Anonymous sadly O2's billing system is the topic of many a forum subject, it seams anyone who tries to pay in any way other than Direct Debit has issues.

Sadly the only way to resolve this is to speak to an operator via customer services 50 minute wait or otherwise. From experience I can tell you it is easier to get through early in the morning (pre 9am).

The downside is once non-payments get recorded against you they effect your credit ratings, and these will cause issues if you apply for a credit card or mortgage, etc.

Please ensure you check your credit profile if you can.
Message 2 of 17

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions
Counter that by writing a letter to O2 stating you will charge them £10 for each time their website prevents you from paying by debit card.
If they fail to respond, your new clause becomes part of your services purchase contract with O2.
"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 3 of 17

Cleoriff
  • 124090 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7507 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous You can put in a complaint via this link

http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Oh and if it helps in the interim there are other ways to pay

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/Ways-to-pay-guidelines/m-p/874982

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 17

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93262 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

....and still o2 fail to acknowledge the problem and their heads are firmly up their backsides. I would say it's a big joke but it's anything but funny. 

Message 5 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Really.  I pay through My O2 every month, have done for well over a year, and I've never once had an issue.  Usually I get pretty funny about these things but I've been with O2 (previously paid by direct debit for six years) for this very reason.

Message 6 of 17

MI5
  • 146533 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28187 Solutions
We rarely hear of problems with DD's but there was a period of time when many couldn't pay manually for months.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 7 of 17

kh4l1d
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I pay through the My o2 app for WP every month, never had an issue. Smiley Surprised

Message 8 of 17

MI5
  • 146533 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28187 Solutions
Good to see 2 positive first posts from you guys slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 9 of 17

Cleoriff
  • 124090 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7507 Solutions

Ah a Liverpool avatar from @kh4l1d wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 17