cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

being charged for picture messages

Anonymous
Not applicable
iv'e just noticed that since upgrading to unlimited texts iv'e started to have to pay to send picture messages where as before they used to take 4 texts of your amount.As now all pay monthly tarrifs give you unlimited texts i wonder how many people will get caught out and charged by sending picture messages without knowing till they get there bill.
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
This has happend since the unlimited tariffs came out in febuary.

Discussed at length then
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
iv'e just noticed that since upgrading to unlimited texts iv'e started to have to pay to send picture messages where as before they used to take 4 texts of your amount.As now all pay monthly tarrifs give you unlimited texts i wonder how many people will get caught out and charged by sending picture messages without knowing till they get there bill.

How do you expect it to work if you have unlimited texts

They haven't said anywhere that it includes picture messages. And they can't equate one MMS to 4 SMS messages any more, because they don't have a total to take it from?

It makes sense, really.... Doesn't it...?
Message 3 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
For one would of been nice to tell you that you would be charged and the fact i only had 500 before and only use around 200 to 300 a month i dont need unlimited texts so now i have more texts that i don't want but a paying for something i didnt have to when i had less texts does that make sense???
Message 4 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
For one would of been nice to tell you that you would be charged and the fact i only had 500 before and only use around 200 to 300 a month i dont need unlimited texts so now i have more texts that i don't want but a paying for something i didnt have to when i had less texts does that make sense???

Sorry, I didn't mean for my first post to sound harsh (just read it back now)....

Did the advisor not tell you that you would be charged for MMS when you upgraded to the unlimited texts then?
Message 5 of 17

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
If you search these forums you will see the unlimited text was bought in due to customer demand (mainly iphone customers) and all the new tariff pages stated mms charged at 20p
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 6 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Makes sense? Why O WHY can people not use full stops, capital letters, and other punctuation marks - it makes it SO hard to read!
Message 7 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Makes sense? Why O WHY can people not use full stops, capital letters, and other punctuation marks - it makes it SO hard to read!

"Why O WHY" do people feel the need to criticise the writing style of other forum users, instead of trying to help them out by answering their questions?

Stop getting on your high horse just because people don't write their posts to your required standard. If you've got a problem with the way in which someone punctuates their posts, then please feel free to keep it to yourself.

This is an O2 customer forum for people with mobile phones and other O2 products, not the english language forum. The post makes sense to me. Granted, I had to concentrate a little harder to read it but I still got the message.

But now, seeing as we're on the topic briefly, shouldn't your post have started "Why, OH Why"...? You're missing an H there, Mr English.
Message 8 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

We are expected to read our own terms and conditions and not have somebody read them out to us. Adulthood is a ridiculous ask, but it comes to us all.

Personally, I would never upgrade and select a tariff without knowing the details of the same beforehand.

You cannot please everybody. :womanindifferent:
Message 9 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Tulstar sorry i didn't mean to sound as if i was having a go after all these forums are here for people to help others.As i have only just joined i didn't know that this happened in Febuary,all i meant was that all new 18 & 24 monthly contracts now have unlimited text as mine was renewewd recently i presumed i still got free pic messages if not there should still be an option to have less texts and not have unlimited.It just means i'm paying for picture texts were as before i wasn't and i don't need unlimited text
Message 10 of 17