cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Shop - Utterly Furious...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Here's what happened so far...

1. I wanted to get the new Garmin exercise watch and 02 were the only place in my town that I could click and collect the same day. I ordered the item, went in store and there was a 'problem' with my order.

2. The chap at the till said to cancel my online order and buy in store. I bought the item and without cancelling it myself, 02 did. Great, that's sorted... so I thought!

3. 7 days after cancelling, a refund hadn't arrived so I called up. No option for the web shop. I spoke to someone else who looked at my order and said 'yes, it's cancelled but no refund processed. I've done it for you now'.

4. Another week passed, so I called again. Same story - No refund process. So they lied. They "processed" my refund again. Obviously it still didn't arrive.

5. Another week passed and I took to emailing complaints, talking to the social media team (who apparently processed a refund) and filling out a complaint on 'resolver'.

6. Another week passed - No reply from complaints or resolver. No refund. I spoke to the social guys on livechat again and they said "Oh, there was a problem with your refund". Over a month from the order now...!!

7. Another week passed and here I am. No refund, no response from comaplints or resolver, no luck from the social team, no luck from the phone team.

I'm shocked that a business of this size can't automatically process a same day refund when THEY cancel an order, especially given that I still committed to buy the product from them eventually. It's 2017 and my consumer rights are meant to protect me from this sort of foul play.

Any minute now I'll have a reply from my solicitor and we'll be ready to go down that road. What a faff for £119.

Anyone got any other ideas of speaking to someone before I do that?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
I suggest you do exactly that.
O2's systems are a shambles at the best of times.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions
I think you've done what you should.....take legal action. Few people do, so companies get away with poor business practices.
"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 3 of 6

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

You've done everything you need to try and get this refund and still nothing weeks later. You could call and demand a BACs payment but I would go with the solicitor as you also deserve compensation. Make them pay! 

Message 4 of 6

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

No need for solicitor just go to money claim online and issue your own claim quoting all dates and they have helpful advice re interest etc and fees you can claim then if no payment received it is time for the tv big boys and send in the Sheriffs 

https://www.gov.uk/make-court-claim-for-money/overview

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 5 of 6

MercedesS
Former Staff
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Hello @Anonymous,

welcome to the community and sorry to hear about your bad experience. Please accept our sincere apologies! I’m going to send you a PM shortly to discuss this more in case we can do anything to help. Wave

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 6 of 6