cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin to O2 migration ******show, I can't be the only one.

fedup7
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Since 7th July, when my Virgin phone was migrated to O2,  I have had no texts, no calls and no data.  I did receive welcome texts from O2 but a few hours later the phone ceased all communication and has remained silent ever since.  All it will say is 'service provider locked' and no amount of turning it off and on again helps. 

This has caused me huge problems both personally and professionally.  I cannot find any online help.  The FAQs about migration don't have any proper information on what to do if there are problems, presumably because they wanted to pretend there wouldn't be any.

I took a guess that the handset is locked and/or not recognising O2 and I've tried to unlock the phone twice using the IMEI number but O2 send emails saying it's not an O2 device!  So O2 does not recognise it.  Virgin doesn't recognise it any more either.

In desperation I decided to end the contract (even though this would mean losing my number because I can't get a PUK code because no texts) but it's impossible.  It requires text verification and I can't recieve texts.  I have tried to set up phone contract with another company on another phone (even though I would be paying 2 bills) but my bank uses text verification so I can't confirm the payment to the other phone company.  I have tried to get onto the banking app to authorise the payment but that also requires text verification.  Everything requires text verification. 

So, I cannot get the problem fixed, I can't end the contract, and I can't set up a new phone contract.  I can't do all the things in life that rely on my phone.  I nearly lost my summer holiday because of this and had to ask a friend to pay almost £400, which I really did not want to do, because I couldn't authorise the online payment because my O2 phone doesn't work and I cannot get any help. 

In the meantime the welcome emails from O2 along with requests for feedback on my new product continue to arrive.  ***

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Breanna
  • 1808 Posts
  • 117 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

Have you tried reaching out to O2 on social media if you can't call @fedup7?

Message 11 of 11