cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade stopped by fraud and I don't know why!

Bethan3006
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I spent almost an hour on the phone on Friday sorting out an upgrade. I then received all the texts and emails relating to it and later on a dispatch email. I have had my o2 account 16yrs and can usually sort anything out through the online chat in the app so rarely have to make a phonecall. I couldn't remember my security question answer from 16 years ago so answered some other questions and changed the security question to something more memorable. The next day i got a txt saying a fraudulent call had been recieved on account. I thought it had been a error as it was me who placed the order and upgraded and I was still receiving emails with a tracking number and it was had been dispatched saying it would arrive that day, Tuesday. It didn't arrive. I tracked it again and it then said it had been returned to O2. 

I then phoned 202 and explained the whole scenario and they didn't understand or could tell me what had happened just ot had been cancelled due to fraud I tried to explain to her it was actually me and I want the phone but she said there is nothing she can do and the fraud team is investigating it and will come to a conclusion within 30 days. I told her this was unacceptable and I would like to speak to a supervisor or manager and she then said that isn't possible either and she would have to request they call me and it would be within 14 days! 

Has anyone else experienced such a stressful ordeal. They have set a new direct debit up for the new phone but won't tell me if I will actually ever recieve it. I have no idea what to do. 

Does anyone know how to put in a written  complaint about the whole thing? 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Bethan3006 

Nothing at all anyone can do now until fraud have completed their investigation, sorry.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

Bethan3006
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

What would have made them cancel it do you think? The only possible thing I can think is the fact I had to change my security question but if this is what happens they need to think of a better protocol. Stressful situation and terrible customer service. 

Message 3 of 4

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9983 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@Bethan3006 

It can be anything from your IP address, email address, your bank flagging it to o2. 

Your security question been changed before an upgrade can trigger red flags .

This is all hypothetical 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 4 of 4