cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The infamous O2 Scam Repair Centre, do they actually do anything? Samsung are just to Blame!!!!

ButtonBash
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The O2 Repair Centre is just a scam. Honestly I don't think they even have a repair centre. Bunch of people saying "my computer says no"

I got my Samsung Fold 4 in Aug 2022 and after 8 months the Hinge had an issue, it would not fold completely flat. From what I can see online, this is a very common problem with Samsung Fold phones.

When I spoke with o2, the Customer service lady said that she alone was getting around 4 to 5 calls a day about the same problem. She then when on a inciteful rant about how O2 never fixing faulty phones because they will make up some excuse about the phone being dropped or damage, so it's not a manufacture fault and void the warranty. She said, even if you have a tiny scratch from wear and tear they will deem it dropped or damage by user.

She told me to to take photos of my Samsung before sending it because in some of the cases, the O2 repair centre will create small damages to void the warranty. WTF!! Unfortunately, Samsung won't take liability for their hinge problem and O2 don't want to do the right thing for their customers because it will eat into there massive profit margins. 

Anyway, I sent my phone off as I have never dropped/damaged it and it's in mint condition, so surely they have to fix it.

But, low and behold I get this message from O2 - "Your phone isn't covered by your SAMSUNG warranty, because damage has been diagnosed on the device: (phone is slightly bent damaged/broken hinge)" 

OMG Duh O2 I know the Hinge is damage/broken, this is why I sent it off. It's a flipping common problem. Like I said I have never dropped the phone or bent my phone, so I very curious what my phone is going to look like when it comes back to me. FYI they wanted me to pay £631.01 Inc. VAT for them fix it. Good one O2!!! Think it's time to move back to EE. 

Would love to know if anyone has ever gotten their phone fixed under O2 warranty?

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Oxonian
Level 31: Resolver
  • 7412 Posts
  • 141 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

@MJPL wrote:

Also do you have the statistics you speak about or is that your personal belief?

@MJPL 

It is hard to put a figure on how many subscribers O2 actually have ; but Wikipedia put it at 31.3 million as at September 2021 :-

O2 (UK) - Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/O2_(UK)

I have seen a figure as high as 44 million customers mentioned, but I think that is using the O2 network. Hence, it will include O2's customers, as well as those of Tesco Mobile, Sky Mobile and Giffgaff. 

If you are looking for a cheaper O2 deal, the consensus of opinion on this forum tends to e that USwitch is the way to go :-

O2 SIM Only Deals: Compare Our Best March 2024 - Uswitch

https://www.uswitch.com/mobiles/compare/sim_only_deals/o2/

Message 11 of 17

MJPL
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I meant do you have the statistics of how many O2 customers showed around like you mentioned? Wikipedia not official statistics because the site is editable even by the likes of yourself.... your changing the topic of conversation now saying to post elsewhere. I'm leaving O2 anyway so not looking for a deal with O2 when Tesco mobile is clearly cheaper and Tesco off good customer service perhaps excellent compared to O2. Yes from personal experience.

Message 12 of 17

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 10557 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3093 Solutions

Bye then...

And no one will have statistics of how many customers of any networks have shopped around, as that data is not available... 

But the number of customers added each quarter is published but you can google that yourself and also have a look at ARPU and churn rates....

Tesco can be as garbage and inept as o2, from family experience and use the same repair centres as o2... 

But good luck....

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 13 of 17

Oxonian
Level 31: Resolver
  • 7412 Posts
  • 141 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

@MJPL 

This might be of use to you :-

Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

My personal experience is the Tesco Mobile have good Customer Service ; if you have found the right deal, I am sure you will be happy with them. 👍

Message 14 of 17

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 7072 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1584 Solutions

Well I shop around. That's why I paid £8:per month in 2022 and 2023 and now paying £8 for 2024.

Actually, by shopping round and making the system work for you I'm paying less than seven years ago.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 15 of 17

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93262 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146687 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28243 Solutions

Same here

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 17 of 17