Did you mean: 

The Official Live Chat Feedback thread

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi guys,

Many of you have no doubt used the O2’s ‘chat’ service from time to time for all kinds of support queries. We also held a Virtual Interview recently with Richard Clarke, our Head of our Digital Service, where he answered some great questions from you.

Off the back of this session, we thought it was great opportunity to hear from you on how you think the chat service is doing and if there is anything we can do better in terms of resolution time, accuracy of info and the general experience. This has been done before on the community for TU Go and its incredibly useful for the team to hear about what’s going well with the service, what can be improved and if you have great ideas.

This is your chance to get have your voice heard and we’ll do our best to report back with changes and improvements that we make based on your suggestions.

While this is an open discussion there are some guidelines that you need to keep in mind when you make a comment:

- If you want to sort out a personal query, please create a thread in the community and you’ll get some great advice from other members. Any personal query posts will be moved and a thread will be created for them.

- Please do not mention any chat advisors by name. If they are posted, they will be edited.

- If you have a transcript of a chat session that helps with your point, please try to avoid using them and instead make a comment on the experience itself. If a transcript is absolutely essential, please only post what you need to (i.e. a few sentences).

I really look forward to hearing from you and what can be done off of the back of your suggestions.

Toby

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 1 of 463
462 REPLIES 462

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

Just to correct the inaccuracies in your post, the O2 lost and stolen line is open 24 hours a day.
There is a simple simswap form online that is also available 24 hours a day, and finally the problem lies in that the old sim could still be used whilst the sim swap is in progress as it's not an "instant" action.
Sorry but your idea is pants for a contract sim wink

PS, Thanks but we are fully aware of what the sim swap process does.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 31 of 463

Anonymous
Not applicable
@M15 whats the difference between payg and contract ? Answer one is used by normal person and the other by someone who is complete idiot slight_smile hope that helps

i will leave it to you to figure which is which , my payg has 1000 mins cross network unlimited internet and texts and costs less than 3 coffee at starbucks

Anyway its clear now why you dont have a idea section , i will leave you to continue with the chat feedback , which was really helpful 😞
Message 32 of 463

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Yep, it would be great if you could, thanks anyway slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 33 of 463

Anonymous
Not applicable
Its not instant but it quite easily could be slight_smile

And the simswap sends a text to the phone thats been stolen thats pants slight_smile good bye
Message 34 of 463

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Wow, four posts and you've solved everyone's issues with stolen phones, well done!

Your ideas will be ignored though for obvious reasons. Smiley Indifferent

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 35 of 463

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hmmm so barring a phone and sim is instant but swapping a sim takes upto 24hour lol something is amiss there and the poor customer on contact has to wait for a replacement for upto 3 days not much good is it slight_smile
Message 36 of 463

Anonymous
Not applicable
@perksie ‘don't' you made a big enough fool of your self already with you replies without proving the point lol 💤
Message 37 of 463

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

If I had a pound for everyone who came on here and thought they could run this business better than it is now I'd be worth a fortune.

It's plainly clear who the fool is here so I'll leave you to your fantasies! Weird

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 38 of 463

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Hmmm so barring a phone and sim is instant but swapping a sim takes upto 24hour lol something is amiss there and the poor customer on contact has to wait for a replacement for upto 3 days not much good is it slight_smile

You can walk into an o2 shop and walk out with a working sim, no need to wait anything like 3 days at all.

You would be a great asset to this forum if only you would get your info correct before posting Don't know

Currently using:
Message 39 of 463

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Toby,

I have looked for a place where I can give positive feedback (something I don't do very often).  I'd like to share with you that I called o2 customer service - disconnection as I had experienced larger than normal bills.  My other family members seemed to have better deals and I always had extras.  Anyway I talked first to a female who confused me totally (I'm not a technical person so I don't blame her) I ended the call and called back later.  I was connected to a lovely guy called Mark who had the patience of a saint, great sense of humour and talked in basic one syllable layman terms.  He explained why I had extra charges which were my fault completely and gave me tips on how to avoid then them in the future.  I felt totally at ease and not in the slightest bit stupid asking him 101 questions.  In the end I opted to stay with o2 and extend my contract, which incidentally, is now cheaper than before.  Hats off to Mark who is a credit to the company.  He certainly gave me the confidence to call again for advice and assistance rather that just freak out at home when my phone drives me nuts.  Thanks again Mark.Hero

Helen 

Message 40 of 463