cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sony Ericsson C905

Anonymous
Not applicable
HI I have had this phone for around 3 months, recently It has started freezing up. It wasn't doing it often at first but now it is doing it very frequently.

Anyone else had this problem?

It is on contract so I'm covered if it need repairs??

ANyone help would be greatly appreciated.
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions
This problem has been mentioned on the thred loads of times.

Main thread is here

viewtopic.php?t=7694&start=720

The C905 is a problem phone and has many faults with it.

If you are only getting freezing, then you are doing well.

You may also want to read this

http://www.mobiletoday.co.uk/manufactur ... pe=&terms=

Have you tried updating the phone to the latest software revision?

It could be that.
Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 2 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for the help.

It seems since I updated to latest software that the freezing problem arose.

What options do I have? Send it back to 02 for repairs?
Message 3 of 11

darrengf
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions
you could do, but you will get the same firmware on.

You could try doing the firmware again like you did before and see if this works.

But the software on the c905 is a major problem and lots of people are complaing over this.

so until se release a better software, I can honestly say that you will have to wait.

sorry
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 4 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello Guys,

Well i thought i would be kind enough to add my list of problems i've had with the C905 ALTHO *Touch Wood* i've not had as many as you guys so i HOPE i'm kinda lucky.

Joined o2 on an 18 Month Contract on the 12th of January and boy i went for the C905,

13 January: Next day got my phone loved it, but by February 2nd i had 2 little bits of metal that just magicly fell from under the slider (Dont Ask Where they came from lol,) A stiff main menu key and it crashing.

February 3rd and as i was within 28 Days i was sent out a Brand New Phone (YES C905) Again,

February 4th and along came my new phone, This time i checked to see when it was made and it was made in the 4th Week of 2009 (YES That wasn't long ago was it?).

Anyway Last week guess what?.... Yup you guys guessed it, More faults. Again a little strip of metal that fell from under the slider ontop my keypad while texting, THEN the Number 6 Key goes stiff and wont even pop back up, So on the 22nd i phoned up o2 and was told that i would be getting a brand new C905 *Again* but OH... Hang on, They are out of stock so Yesterday i phoned up to see what was going on and to see if they had any back in stock and was told no as they are very popular phones (LMAO YEAH RIGHT!) and that i would be getting a USED handset back. Anyway after a few minutes of talking to the Girl i was put on hold for 15 Minutes....She came back to tell me that she has canceled my order and put another 1 in...This time for the ( I QUOTE Newer Version ) of the C905 which is the C905 8GB.

So at the very moment (10:50AM) i am sitting here waiting for the DPD driver to come so i can carry out a Door to Door Swap,

Any of you guys know if the newer 8GB C905 has any problems? This will be my 3rd phone now and if this 1 goes bust then i will be going for the Pixon.

Just an EDIT: my older phone i had was an K850i and boy o boy didn't i have problems with that! Camera not flashing, Keys going bust, Sofewear freezing, Screen becoming lose, or it crashing while you are in a middle of a text It seems Sony dont make the Good old phones they used to, So do i see the End near for Sony?
Message 5 of 11

darrengf
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions
I dont think that we see the end of SE, But SE have lost loads of customers and are now 4th biggest maker of phones.

Lg over took them last year.

Se are aware of the problems, but if they dont act on the sooner rather than later i can honestly see the compnay splitting appart.

Why have they let them selves get into this problems i dont know. I think a massive shake up of management is needed somewhere

Message 6 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Actually SonyERICSSON dropped to fifth place last year. There own figures predict a loss for the first three months of this year of $450million and a huge drop in sales to 14m handsets. Sony are actively looking for underwriters to finance a buyout of ericsson.
According to Sony, because of quality problems causing high returns, each handset sold costs them $30.
Clearly, they can't continue like this for much longer.
Message 7 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well, i got mt phone friday at 5pm, Had alook to see when it was made and it was made in Week 10 of 2009 sooo its brand new. Everything seems to work like a treat *So Far... Touch Wood* But we will see how it goes.
Message 8 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
SE phones really are crap, would not touch one now!

My local 02 store does not even sell the C905 because they were all getting rerurned as faulty, not even one on display there a they said they had been recalled!
Message 9 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
I received my C905 on 28th March and happy was i until 4 days later when it refused to work as a phone. NO network coverage, no wifi, no bluetooth, directory screwed etc etc. O2 thankfully replaced the following week and 4 days later i had NO wifi and iffy bluetooth.
i was asked to reflash the software which seemed to fix the bugs, however some days later the same problem arose so i reflashed it again. Hmmmm a week later again the wifi and bluetooth issue arose so i called O2 again and arranged a replacement for next wednesday 6th May. Today is saturday 2nd May and i awoke to a flat battery and when i plug in the charger it says "cannot charge phone must be a sony ericsson battery". :mansurprised:
i switched it off took out battery just in case the evil fairys had swapped it over night ( no they hadn't) reassembled and no change.
Right now i have no network coverage, invalid sim, cant charge it so cant reflash.
To say i'm jarred off is an understatement.
I've had a SE phone for 5 years and this is the first evil one and i cant wait to change it.

Grrrr from London 😞
Message 10 of 11